PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
I always get an overwhelming sensation of "fremdschämen" (vicarious embarrassment) when I watch people reviewing tobaccos. I enjoy written reviews but something about seeing someone 'perform' a review gives me a sensation similar to the one you get when watching bad standup comedy.

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
I mostly watch Bremen pipe smoker, as well as Bradley and toking Tommy. BUT, since being on here and trying to keep up with what @jiminks is smoking has definitely changed my search criteria.

Tobacco reviews is also a go to for a general consensus of average smokers palates compared to mine.

M

Marindas

I recently started watching Old Hollywood Briar. What I like about his channel is the great videography of the tobacco that he is reviewing. His video production is really a step above. That and his Sun Bear review was hilarious.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
When I am considering a new blend or about to smoke one, I search on that blend and see how many reviews I can get through.

My own little "Gong Show", of sorts. So many start with "Uhhh, um, What's up YouTube?" with a voice eerily resembling Butthead. I get about 6 seconds into most of them.

I, too, enjoy Bradley and a few others, Muttonchop, Matches with the play speed jacked up to about 1.5. Smoking Pipeliner is a fun head case. Tant, on occasion, Pipe Nook, a few whose names elude, Renee somebody.

And, most importantly, YOU guys!

alexander87

Might Stick Around
Aug 8, 2017
I like Derek Tant's YouTube videos. He covers a range of piping topics, gives impressions of tobacco blends, reviews pipes, talks about life as a pipe smoker. Funny, high-energy guy.

Bremen, as mentioned earlier is an interesting watch. He has access to blends that are tricky to find in N. America. I don't check him out regularly.

Muttonchop piper, just really like his thoughts on blends and piping. Mellow videos, like his style, but vids can run long.

i like the Smokingpipes video interviews they do with pipe makers, lots of various content & a few diff reviewers via that channel.

The Pipe Nook (Eddie) has a lot of tobacco impressions/pipe talk up.

I like how very different all the above people are to each other.
Pretty much my thoughts but I also like Mike from Briar Blues a lot, Matches 860 is good, and of course Stuff and Things.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
no doubt ,There are definitely some few good tobacco related content creators ones on Y tube,for instance Matches860-John I name him like the God Father of Y T pipe community, Bremen Piper Mark, Derek T and many others, the latest news was that the BriarReports,com is fixin to launch their own alternative platform BRTV,and by me that a fine idea if it comes true, since who knows when big shots on YTube Administration decide to take down all tobacco related material ,

thirdguess

Lurker
Sep 29, 2019
Chicagoland
I got to go with Chris from Eldritch pipes. It's interesting to get the UK perspective, especially on stuff like esoterica or spc that's not easily available there. Plus I love the updates on what he's making or whatever. His stuff is so unique! I don't know that I'd buy any of his production stuff, just because it's not my style per se. That said, if I had the cash to do a commission right now, And he was available, he might be my top pick!

Reactions: tom12

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Evergreen! Six pipes by my count! Well done!

Welcome to the forum. Did you introduce yourself in that section and I just haven't seen it yet?

Worknman

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 23, 2019
I watch a lot of stuff and things, I also like bremen pipe smoker mainly because I enjoy his accent. I recently found another channel called frostypiper which I quite like because he's an old school no non-sense kind of guy. Just tells you like it is with no sugar coating.