Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

davek

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 20, 2014
Ex Machina

The Fountain

Could David Lynch movies be classified as science fiction? If so his films would make it to the top of the list.

Loved Ex Machina.
Now, I'm going to have to check into The Fountain.

Kirk or Picard?

On The Big Bang Theory, they did an episode showing how Leonard first became Sheldon's roommate. Sheldon was giving him a series of tests and he had to pass one to move further into the apartment.

At the door, Sheldon asked "Kirk or Pickard" out of the blue with no set up or explanation. Without much hesitation, Leonard said, "Pickard, but The Original Series". Sheldon wordlessly let him in.

rajangan

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 14, 2018
Edmonton, AB
I really like Cloud Atlas too. The new Bladerunner is high on my list. Sunshine, also. Moon.

There's this peculiar film I have watched a number of times. that I think is free to watch on YouTube. It's all dialogue. I believe it was written basically as a play, which interests me because I'm trying to be a writer. It's called The Man From Earth. It's a story about a professor who's trying to leave town without telling his colleagues and friends. (This isn't really a spoiler because it would be in any description). They catch wind and waylay him at his house before he leaves. After some pressure, he reveals that he is a 15,000 or 50,000 year old (I can't remember) Cro-magnon. Then they talk about it.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Fritz Lang - Metropolis
Guardians Of The Galaxy
Planet Of The Apes
2001 A Space Odyssey
Forbidden Planet
The Day the Earth Stood Still
Invasion Of the Body Snathers
Invaders From Mars
Things To Come - 1936 version
Looper
District 9
Gravity
Ex Machina
First Men On The Moon
The Time Machine - George Pal
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea - Disney
Silent Running
Akira
Wall-E
Blade Runner and Blade Runner 2049
Ghost In The Shell
The Invisible Man - Claude Rains version
Jurassic Park
RoboCop
Close Encounters Of The Third Kind
The Thing
The Blob
E.T. The Extra Terrestrial
Back To The Future
StarWars
Alien
Westworld
Soylent Green
Godzilla
Star Trek III - The Search For Spock
Star Trek IV - The Voyage Home
A Boy And His Dog
When Worlds Collide
Paprika
The Fifth Element
The Fly - 1958 version
Men In Black
Altered States
The War Of The Worlds
Galaxy Quest
Fantastic Voyage
Solaris
The Iron Giant
Total Recall - 1990 version
A Clockwork Orange
Time Bandits
A Trip To The Moon
Mysterious Island
Frankenstein - 1931
Sleeper
The Lost World - 1925 - The fully Restored 2 hr version
Mighty Joe Young
King Kong

Just to name a few...

peregrinus

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Pacific Northwest
Forbidden Planet
Yes, I thought about this before settling on The Day The Earth Stood Still. Forbidden Planet is a classic Shakespearean update.

Perhaps you saw the recent news about Elon Musk implanting a Bluetooth enabled chip into a pig’s brain. I personally find this disturbing, you may not.
Regardless, one of Musk’s stated development goals being the eventual implantation of a chip into the human skull to enable wireless communications between people (a mechanical telepathy) and also to wirelessly interface humans with machines.
Is this a first step on the road to the fate of the Krell?

Last edited:

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Loved Ex Machina.
Now, I'm going to have to check into The Fountain.
Ex Machina was soooo good, that was my introduction to Oscar Isaac, I’ve since become a big fan of his acting skills.

Alex Garland also did Annihilation, I think it’s another great Sci-Fi worth checking out. Not as good as Ex Machina but still a great flick. (Think it’s on Prime right now).

Yeah man, definitely check out The Fountain, it’s a trip! I would highly recommend all of Darren Aronofsky’s movies really.

Status
Not open for further replies.