Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Guns are awesome to look at.

c7de1a04.jpg

illicitdreams

Might Stick Around
Oct 24, 2010
This kinda reminds me of a thread on another forum I used to frequent called post your ATF pics... this was my submission.
DSC00072.jpg

Yep... I'm a fan of the Combat Tupperware.

casper223

Lurker
Nov 20, 2010
Okay Hobie, Posting a Picture, Let me see if this will work, lol, This is my RPM XL Hunter .357 Maximum that shoots a .270 Hornady Tip, Great for White Tail Size Game out to 200 Yards.

IMG_0032.jpg

casper223

Lurker
Nov 20, 2010
Thank You Collin, It was a Christmas present from my wife last year, It's used for precision IHMSA Shooting to knock over steel Rams at a 100yds, or most use them to hunt with in many different calibers. It has a 14" barrel with Muzzle Break for reduced recoil, The Lever you see on the left top of the Grip, is the safety, to be depressed by your thumb to fire, The trigger is Telepathic 1/2#lb pull, and very crisp, anotherwords you think about pulling the trigger and it's too late, it's pulled! It has a leopold pistol scope and is deadly accurate out to 200 yds, I haven't had time, nor found a range with greater capeabilities than 200 yards yet. With sandbags, handloaded rounds, she groups approx 1/4" groups out to 100 yds, and 1/2" to 3/4" inch groups out to 200 yards depending on the wind velocity. Casing is a .357 Maximum loaded with a .270 Hornady Interlock tip, and IMR 4831 63gr powder make for a very accurate and serious round. The web site for this custom builder is "http://rpmxl1.com/ourproducts_page.htm" and Jim gives a full page of calibers he builds the Barrels for. What I like about it is, in order for me to change calibers, I send Jim my Frame and he custom fits another caliber/size barrel up to my pistol. So I keep the same frame, and exchange barrels to change calibers which takes less than a minute to change. Usually when I get to the range, My pistol creates quite a distraction amongst the hunters and hunting rifles. Hunting pistols are becoming very popular in the world today, although this is a custom built pistol.

caliguy

Might Stick Around
Jul 30, 2010
I don't own any guns, but lately I've become interested in target shooting. I've done some research on rifles and it seems a good choice might be the Remington 700 SPS. Any input would be appreciated.

casper223

Lurker
Nov 20, 2010
Read this first caliguy on the Remington 700! http://www.fishingbuddy.com/remington_700_problems
This Rifle made the National News the other night with a safety Defect that has cost more than a Dozen Hunters or Hunters Families a death. The News showed the Rifle being bolted and with the firearm in an up position fire unintentionally. A FemalHunter in Texas accidentally dishcharged her rife in the house at her 12 year old son, She's maintained for years her finger wasn't near the trigger, Remington and others made her out to be the bad guy, until MSNBC did some action reporting, and founds thousands of accidental dishcharges by this rife, and approx a Dozen deaths contributed to this defect. Remington's Attorney was on the news also representing Remington, His statement was "The Gun should not fire without a finger on the trigger" But further went on to say that due to poor cleaning and maintenance the problem did occur. Funny the next clip on this National news story was of a Military sniper Bolting down a round in a .308 caliber, and with his arm and hand clearly out of the way, waiting a few seconds the rifle discharged automatically! I for the life of me cannot agree to poor maintenance or cleaning issues being the problem in a US Military enviroment. Right after seeing this News clip, I have family that hunt and are very fond of the Remington 700, I called my cousin, which stated in 1993, after a hunting trip, was unloading his 7mm Mag, and it accidentally discharged, Blowing a Brick out of the wall just below the roof, Luckily no one was injured, He contacted Remington immediately, and Remington asked that he box the Rifle up and send it back to them, a few weeks later, he received a Remington 700 BDL 7mm Mag and an 870 Remington Shotgun back, for his inconvienience no questions asked. Apparently This problem has plagued Remington for a while, but the story just made Headline News last week or the week before.

Just a little bit of information for you before you make the Remington 700 purchase.

caliguy

Might Stick Around
Jul 30, 2010
casper223 thanks for the information. Checking all the hunting and target shooting sites that I did, this problem was never mentioned. All they talked about was how much people admired the 700 action for it's reliability
In any case, I'll give the 700 a pass and find something that's not going to send lead flying at random moments.

bogie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2010
I am a firm believer of the right to carry and own firearms. Till just a few months ago, I had a vast collection of rimfire firearms and the ammo. I have since sold everything I had that dealt with hunting. Not because of a change of heart, but because of my health i have a very hard time getting around in the woods anymore.

But of all of them my absolute favorite
RIMFIRE Ruger 10/22 custom stock, trigger work, floating barrel, it was a tack driver in every since of the word
Center fire. Rem 700 .308 lots of custom work
Carry....well i have several for carry but my absolute favorite is Glock 20 .10mm

bogie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2010
100_0100.jpg

My ruger, all custom work done by me.
100_0105.jpg

100_0106.jpg

.17Hm2
DSCN1852.jpg

savage MKII BV
DSCN1842.jpg

One of my carries Sprinfield XD .9mm
m_DSCN1078.jpg

m_DSCN1076.jpg

m_DSCN1079.jpg

Just for fun a few bows. I had a partial sponsorship with C.P.Oneida

DSCN2309.jpg

DSCN2312.jpg

bogie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2010
For those of you who know what a Mosin Nagant is. Look at this one. I designed this when I saw that you can get an after market Synthetic Monte Carlo stock for one.
The barrel has been shortened and recrowned. The bolt handle has been reworked and moved to when open the bolt is horizontal and not straight up, allowing a modern scope base and mount to be used. It is glass bedded from the barrel lug all the way back, and the barrel is totally free floated. Scope is a Mueller 4-16x50AO illuminated red/green Mil-dot. Its a looker!

100_0423.jpg

100_0418.jpg

bjeorn

Might Stick Around
Oct 12, 2010
since i live in the uk u cant carry a butterknife let alone a gun :roll: but if you take away one mans tool he'l become an expert with another so the bow and the knife is my main choice.

jwp159

Can't Leave
Jan 1, 2010
I guess my fav. would be my Marlin model 60 .22, it's a great small game hunting rifle. For home defense my fav is my Mossburg 12 GA pump riot gun, it's great foor answering the door, a little large C.C. but fits nicely under the seat of the truck.

flylot

Might Stick Around
Dec 17, 2010
My favorite firearm? For what purpose? Geesh! This is a tough one.
I guess for bird hunting it would be my pair of matched Grulla 20ga. side locks. For clay targets, my K-80.
Hand gun? 1911 of course. My favorite of my collection would be the 1927 Argentine.
Long Gun: my custom .220 Swift (love to pop those gophers!)
....but then there is the assault weapon thing.... AR-15? No,perhaps my Uzi A model..... aw gee guys, I dunno...... this is a tough question to answer.......

wolfscout

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2010
Newberry, SC
I carry several cwp : a Taurus 605, a SA WWII 1911 ( I like the basic version I was taught with).

my .45 setup:

http://i.pbase.com/v3/04/555604/1/49253087.my.45setup.jpg

assembled:

http://i.pbase.com/v3/04/555604/1/49253088.my.45assembled.jpg
several rifles are favored but I'd have to go with this these:

Moison Nagant M44 with scout mount scope 7.62X54R

http://i.pbase.com/v3/04/555604/1/46424372.M44.jpg

SA CZ M6 with home made accessories and scope. (.410/.22 )

http://i.pbase.com/v3/04/555604/3/49670859.M6.jpg
Edit: Lawrence: couldn't make the pictures work nor could I make links work.

But, a copy paste of the addresses into a new tab will get you there. (very cool stuff)

bhpdrew

Can't Leave
Oct 8, 2010
Washington State
Current everyday carry since my back surgery. S&W Model 65 .357 magnum and Model 60 .38spl.

2010-12-21_20-21-00_157.jpg

For intermediate work... my SA-58 FAL 7.62x51

2010-12-21_20-22-14_493.jpg

For when I want to replay that scene in "3:10 to Yuma" with the bandits and dynamite. Or if you try to break into my place... Stoeger Coach Gun 12 gauge.

2010-12-21_20-22-45_251.jpg

For long range troop interception.... M1A tricked out for over 1600 meter shooting.

DSC_2067.jpg

Not pictured, but honorable mention... my Dan Wesson Classic Bobtail 1911 in 10mm.

Status
Not open for further replies.