PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

02Knight

Can't Leave
Aug 24, 2020
Rockett, Texas. South of DFW Metroplex
I just had the extreme pleasure of watching the documentary movie "Father The Flame". I ran across it on some of my pipe researching. I finally found it on Google Play and rented it for around $6. I learned alot about the process of some of the better well known pipe makers, the briars, Japan pipe market, and Von Erck, There was some beautiful work done and the extreme lengths Von Erck goes to on the briars he uses in his pipe making. They talked about Sixten Iverson and the Dutch pipe makers and how his son and granddaughter Nana and son Lars have continued on in his pipe making tradition. There was a segment on the founder of Smokingpipes.com Sykes Wilford speaking on how many pipe makers could trace their roots back to Sixten. It was really a great documentary and I found it so enjoyable that I watched it twice. If you have not saw the movie I would highly recommend it.

02Knight

Can't Leave
Aug 24, 2020
Rockett, Texas. South of DFW Metroplex
I've watched it 6 times.

Now that I think of it, Im probably due to watch it again. Seriously hoping they come out with another full movie soon.
That would be great if they came out with another one. I was enthralled with this one. Will probably have to rent it again sometime in the near future. Perhaps someone knows someone that knows someone that might mention that there are folks waiting in line to see another similar show. puffy

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
That would be great if they came out with another one. I was enthralled with this one. Will probably have to rent it again sometime in the near future. Perhaps someone knows someone that knows someone that might mention that there are folks waiting in line to see another similar show. puffy
My wife bought me the Amazon download for father's day last year. So I can watch it anytime anywhere on my phone.

Reactions: 02Knight

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Sometimes you try too hard, Embers.

Said the pot to the kettle.?

If they had tried harder on the movie I wouldn't have to. After spending a few thousand on FTF merchandise and donations, the years waiting for it really let the air out of the production. The title change was a bit of a let down too.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Sixten Iverson (sp?) not only made iconic pipes but designed pipes for manufacturers like Stanwell, so he was both a major and historical pipe carver but also an industrial designer. A number of Forums members own the compact non-cylindrical pot shape by Stanwell that he designed.