PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Andriko

Can't Leave
Nov 8, 2021
London
Twenty big ones a night and they won't even let you smoke. And just one king? At that price I'd atleast want a couple of queens.

Reactions: OldVark

mbmoehl

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2022
Metro Detroit
Great to witness a brand new GP winner. Flawless race from Russel. Dick move by Verstapen not to give Checo the extra couple of points when Checo has helped him on so many occasions throughout the year. It will make next weekend's GP between Checo and Leclerc interesting however.

Jun 9, 2018
England
Just read that Ferrari boss Mattia Binotto is leaving at the end of the year. Guess he's paying the price for all the mistakes this year. They had a really quick car but never really made the most of it because of various errors.

Apparently, Ferrari are gonna pick a new team principal early next year.

Reactions: DrTeeth and trudger

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Just read that Ferrari boss Mattia Binotto is leaving at the end of the year. Guess he's paying the price for all the mistakes this year. They had a really quick car but never really made the most of it because of various errors.

Apparently, Ferrari are gonna pick a new team principal early next year.
Next season will be interesting. Also rumor that the Andretti's want to get into F1.

Reactions: smudgersmissingleg

trudger

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2019
‘Burbs of Detroit
Shake up at Ferrari is needed. It’s all gonna be crazy in 2026 with the addition of Porsche at Red Bull and Audi at Sauber. Andretti would need a $200 million buy-in to add a new team to the grid.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
I saw a brief clip of the GP the other evening with fireworks going off either side of the track as the cars went past.

In my humble opinion, F1 racing has become so sanitised, so unexciting and bland, the powers that be had to think of something, anything, that might give a little 'eye candy' to the punters both at the stadium & watching on TV. An epic fail in my book.

Lose the silly fireworks, bring back re-fuelling, pit boards and stop all radio communication twixt crew & driver, then folk will return to F1 to watch proper racing, but I won't hold my breath.

Regards,

Jay.

Jun 9, 2018
England
I saw a brief clip of the GP the other evening with fireworks going off either side of the track as the cars went past.

In my humble opinion, F1
Lose the silly fireworks, bring back re-fuelling, pit boards and stop all radio communication twixt crew & driver, then folk will return to F1 to watch proper racing, but I won't hold my breath.

Regards,

Jay.
Re-fuelling should definitely be brought back. The communications between driver and pit wall are sometimes interesting to listen to (Kimi 😆) but they give the driver too much information that they should be having to work out for themselves.

I wish they'd go back to stick shift and stop sanitising everything. I realise safety is important but there's a balance and at the moment the organisers seem to cautious.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Re-fuelling should definitely be brought back. The communications between driver and pit wall are sometimes interesting to listen to (Kimi 😆) but they give the driver too much information that they should be having to work out for themselves.

I wish they'd go back to stick shift and stop sanitising everything. I realise safety is important but there's a balance and at the moment the organisers seem to cautious.
Ha! I remember one race years ago when Raikkonen was bewailing to his pit crew that they had not told him that part of the track was nigh on waterlogged. It was that complaint that did it for me. Drivers should not be told anything, it is for them all to work it out for themselves, that is what they are paid to do.

And yes, stick shifting gears, bring that back too.

I would also suggest all teams are given the exact same engine, and let them tune it to their liking though with limits on supercharging, nitrous etc.

Regards,

Jay.