Everyday Carry Knife - What Do You Carry?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

martiniman

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 6, 2012
Shun- light as a feather

31uJW5e6AiL_SL500_AA300_.jpg

1e30c060ada04785e431e110L.jpg

billinsfl

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 28, 2010
Man, you guys sure carry a lot of tactical-looking knives. I have about 20 knives, favoring Northfield and Schatt/Morgan folders, with either carbon steel (yep, it rusts!) and bone, ebony or real elephant ivory handles. No plastic or stainless for me; no sir!

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
I carry a cold steel recon 1
@irishsmoker Tom Brown lives very close to me, like 20 minutes, at least he did for a very long time

logandow

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2011
Oregon
I've been carrying a Bear Grylls folder for a couple months http://gearjunkie.com/images/5137.jpg I have the middle one

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Good Heavens, which way is the wind blowing? Always a 3" or 4" Cold Steel Voyager in the pocket, either clip point or tanto (I like the 4" VG-1 tanto the best, it's shiny), then in my computer bag a big Winchester multitool, Cold Steel Pendleton 3" Mini Hunter (my restaurant steak knife), a 3/4 size black plain 5 1/2" Ka Bar (for my big knife, can't carry full size legally in Texas), a CRKT 3" M-16 tanto (my abuse it knife), and a Swiss Army Mountaineer (might need a corkscrew).
The Ka Bar:

KaBarshort.jpg

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
@simnettpratt
5 1/2" Ka Bar same reason. In Ontario larger one is not legal except for hunting etc.

jcsnaps

Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
I've carried a Swiss Army (Victorinox) Tinker, daily for a long time. It seems to be the go to present the wife will get me if she notices it getting too beat up or the plastic handle gets chipped.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
I gotta ask... what's a "trainer"? I see it's blunted and possibly dull, but what are you "training" to do?

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
I've been studying and teaching martial arts for over 20 years and we've always used wood or rubber knives. I had no idea Benchmade had their own version.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Never leave home without my Buster Sword... lmfao
Buster.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNc7kHADtUw

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
My Swiss Army has a tactical wine bottle opener. Most important feature on the knife! The long blade is a great plug cutter too.
Martiniman I like that shun. Where do you get one?

portascat

Lifer
Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
Hell, I will make it easier.
All this can obviously change depending on various situations, but this is how I am "dressed" 90% of the time I am not in uniform. The cuff key is an affectation, as I couldn't use that one on the job, and have no use for having it off the job.
dailyx.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.