PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mngslvs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2019
Yarmouth, Maine
All right, what the heck did I do wrong here?

I ordered 3.08kg worth of tobacco from Estervals last week ($270 + $55 shipping UPS, to the U.S.). It's scheduled for delivery, and I get a notification today that I have some crazy high fees:

View attachment 317172
Say what ??? this is the scariest thing, I mean why would I ever order from Europe after seeing this. My first reaction was that it was a joke !! criminy.....

dottlejockey

Part of the Furniture Now
Say what ??? this is the scariest thing, I mean why would I ever order from Europe after seeing this. My first reaction was that it was a joke !! criminy.....

This is pretty scary. Certainly gives one pause for consideration. On the flip side, however, there's risk in a lot of the things we do every day. Guess it comes down to weighing out those odds. Many people here (and elsewhere) have ordered from them without issue. But, as i always say, don't commit the crime if you're not willing to pay the fine. Always the safest bet. ;)

ThePiedPiper

Lurker
Dec 18, 2023
So, my guess is that I just ordered too much and got hit with some major customs fees because of it. My plan is to not accept the package from UPS and just let it get shipped back to Esterval's. No guarantee that they'll give me a refund but I'm hoping that I can get one from them (or even just store credit so that I can break up my order two smaller shipments--hopefully without issue!)

dottlejockey

Part of the Furniture Now
So, my guess is that I just ordered too much and got hit with some major customs fees because of it. My plan is to not accept the package from UPS and just let it get shipped back to Esterval's. No guarantee that they'll give me a refund but I'm hoping that I can get one from them (or even just store credit so that I can break up my order two smaller shipments--hopefully without issue!)
Did you ever get ahold of UPS and inquire about the fees?

lupy1234

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 3, 2023
I would contact UPS and ask why so high fees. To answer the question, I kept the price under 200 dollars. Not sure on weight of my three orders.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
All right, what the heck did I do wrong here?

I ordered 3.08kg worth of tobacco from Estervals last week ($270 + $55 shipping UPS, to the U.S.). It's scheduled for delivery, and I get a notification today that I have some crazy high fees:

View attachment 317172
I posted about this elsewhere on this forum. Pay the "ransom" with PayPal and then dispute the charges. This is a brokerage fee scam that UPS has going on.