PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I believe you have to have an account and be signed in.
When you are browsing through the tobacco, you should see a place to change quantity and add to cart. You also have to pay attention to the three dots under the name of the tobacco. If the dots are red, the tobacco is out of stock. If the dots are yellow, the stock is either running low are it could take a day or two before it is available. Green dots means it is in stock and waiting.

You definitely have to create an account and be signed in to make an order. There is no "guest" for ordering.

Reactions: hoipolloiglasgow

hoipolloiglasgow

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2023
United States
When you are browsing through the tobacco, you should see a place to change quantity and add to cart. You also have to pay attention to the three dots under the name of the tobacco. If the dots are red, the tobacco is out of stock. If the dots are yellow, the stock is either running low are it could take a day or two before it is available. Green dots means it is in stock and waiting.

You definitely have to create an account and be signed in to make an order. There is no "guest" for ordering.
I figured it out. Hey guys, thanks for this thread. I've never had Hu tobaccos before and am going to put an order in.

Worknman

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 23, 2019
Off topic but does anyone know if they will ship cigars that come from a certain country in the Caribbean to the U.S?

Reactions: greeneyes

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Off topic but does anyone know if they will ship cigars that come from a certain country in the Caribbean to the U.S?
As someone that has smoked strickly cuban cigars for 20+ years, at todays prices you are better off buying Padrons or Davidoffs, one of the draws of cubans was ordering them from other areas you paid no taxes on them and they were actually cheaper than brands like Padron, now they are much more expensive. YMMV

dottlejockey

Mine came in today ok with UPS.

All right, what the heck did I do wrong here?

I ordered 3.08kg worth of tobacco from Estervals last week ($270 + $55 shipping UPS, to the U.S.). It's scheduled for delivery, and I get a notification today that I have some crazy high fees:

View attachment 317172

Yikes! Not familiar with Ohio regs. Who sent you that notice?

Last edited:

dottlejockey

Please keep us informed on how this goes. Inquiring minds would like to know.

Back in the day when i was buying a large quantity of cigars from a certain island, along with many friends of mine, some folks started getting OFAC letters (1 version was a threat, another version was a fine). The more common those got the less often i sought out my sources due to the risk factor.

Good luck with it and i hope this is just a mistake as one would hope!

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Ordering from Esterval's has always contained a small element of risk. Before Greeneyes worked with Esterval's to change their method of shipping, occasional shipments would be seized by the USPS, nothing to do with Customs, and sent back to Germany. With the Expedited DHL service, someone at DHL would occasionally demand extra documentation be filled out before delivery. With UPS, looks like the same issues. It's a very small percentage.

But what sets off the alarms? Nobody seems to have any sort of clue. Since Customs acts very differently depending on the region, the phases of the moon, and perhaps whether or not the officials are "gettin' any" delivery can become much more involved, and a lot more expensive. That's the risk, however small, that attends every order.

I did make one more purchase, last year, just to experience how the expedited DHL shipment worked. My last 2020 purchase had been seized by the USPS and I wasn't interested in a repetition. So I tickled the Dragon's Tail one last time and the shipment arrived in a few days with no issue. Done with Esterval's.

EDIT: From past experiences, I wouldn't trust UPS to find its ass with both hands strapped behind it.

Last edited:

ThePiedPiper

Lurker
Dec 18, 2023
Can I ask what quantities other people have ordered from Estervals? I'm wondering if my issues came from importing 3.08kg.