PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I think it would be a formidable challenge to start calling tomorrow and find Stonehaven and Peacehaven. Probably Penzance. Most of the other blends and even Germains, Pelican, etc.? One could probably get all they want if they spent the day calling. From what I heard, the Germain and Pelican tins were selling for $20 to $26 each. Not worth it to me but perhaps to someone else. As you have often said, there are tons of other excellent blends that are reasonably available at half the price.
I agree and that's partly why I stressed looking at the other parts of the line up. And I also remind people that having a good relationship with a B&M that carries the line can inure to their benefit.

In 2006, or was it 2007, when shipments from Germain's stopped for a while, all people talked about was Penzance. Some years later I tried Stonehaven and liked it and nobody was talking about it. So I bought Stonehaven. Then everyone started talking about Stonehaven and I tried Dunbar and bought it while nobody was talking about Dunbar. Then people started talking about Dunbar, by which point I'd tried out Dorchester and Tilbury and stocked up on them. Then people started talking about Dorchester and Tilbury and I moved on to...never mind, I'm not telling. There's more to the Esoterica line than Penzance and Stonehaven. I've enjoyed some of the "lesser" blends a lot more than the "stars".

But if people don't make the attempt they only assure themselves of having nothing. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Oct 7, 2016
I got a bag of Peacehaven, checked out, heard the notification for the confirm hit my email just as I was trying to get back on and pick up a few other things.

With the big box sellers in particular, I get the one thing I want mist and get the heck checked out. I was expecting them to drop, was already logged in, and had a window open for Peacehaven.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I got what I wanted, no sweat. Picked up 4 bags of…no, I’m not saying because everyone will suddenly start talking about it and I’ll have to move on. A couple of bags for a friend, a bag of Peacehaven that a friend picked up for me last week, and a couple of tins of Germain’s blends that I like.
So much for Esoterica. Don’t need no more, no more.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I got what I wanted, no sweat. Picked up 4 bags of…no, I’m not saying because everyone will suddenly start talking about it and I’ll have to move on. A couple of bags for a friend, a bag of Peacehaven that a friend picked up for me last week, and a couple of tins of Germain’s blends that I like.
So much for Esoterica. Don’t need no more, no more.
You already said no more a long time ago... I swear I’ve seen you say that multiple times. what happened?

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
You already said no more a long time ago... I swear I’ve seen you say that multiple times. what happened?
I was on the search for a friend, since some of these stores will sell to me when they won't sell to a cold call. And since I had recently smoked some Esoterica XXXXXXX and to my surprise discovered I liked it more than any of the blends I had stocked, I bought a few bags of that.

I'll always try to buy for friends even if I'm not looking for myself.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Make sure you get some for me too next time, your Barling brother. I’ve never been able to find a bag of Stonehaven, only 2 oz. splits. Thanks in advance.
Doesn't that Tinderbox in the South Coast Plaza stock the Esoterica line when it comes in?

BTW, the distribution was pretty odd in this drop. My usual source, which has been an Esoterica dealer for over 20 years, didn't get one bag of Stonehaven or Peacehaven. A couple of other stores related the same thing. Lots of Dorchester and Tilbury apparently. Some places got Stonehaven, but not less favored blends. Evenhanded it was not.

Status
Not open for further replies.