PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ChuckMijo

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2020
Well my 8 oz came in Thursday. I can’t stop smoking this stuff. I forgot how absolutely fantastic this was. Just ordered a pound more. Either my taste buds have changed, or I can’t remember what it tasted like, but this batch is a roller coaster of flavor. I’m getting a cinnamon apple with almond and honey in the first half , then a beautiful sweet Virginia and maple taste the second half. Wow ?!!

I read through this thread last week or so, and decided to break down and try this one. So, I ordered a box.

I didn't expect an unadulterated Virginia, by any means, but no one mentioned that this is an all out no-holds-barred aromatic. I mean, is there tobacco in this?
I mean yeh, I get flavors, like smoking a wad of a mix of different flavored chewing and bubble gums all chewed together and stuffed into a pipe. I suffered through the bowl, thinking that maybe like Erinmore, it'll have a nic kick to it, but... I had to immediately smoke another bowl of something else to purge my tastes and get the nic reward. Half way through the bowl, I get this urge to kick off my muddy boots and menstruate.

I'm going to try to let some of that topping air off and try it again, and if that doesn't work, I may just try wrapping it in cheese cloth and running it through the washing machine. Maybe that would bring out some tobacco notes. puffy

I won't give up on it. I'll keep trying till I get some tobacco flavor... maybe if I mix it with some dark fired.

kschatey

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
I read through this thread last week or so, and decided to break down and try this one. So, I ordered a box.

I didn't expect an unadulterated Virginia, by any means, but no one mentioned that this is an all out no-holds-barred aromatic. I mean, is there tobacco in this?
I mean yeh, I get flavors, like smoking a wad of a mix of different flavored chewing and bubble gums all chewed together and stuffed into a pipe. I suffered through the bowl, thinking that maybe like Erinmore, it'll have a nic kick to it, but... I had to immediately smoke another bowl of something else to purge my tastes and get the nic reward. Half way through the bowl, I get this urge to kick off my muddy boots and menstruate.

I'm going to try to let some of that topping air off and try it again, and if that doesn't work, I may just try wrapping it in cheese cloth and running it through the washing machine. Maybe that would bring out some tobacco notes. puffy

I won't give up on it. I'll keep trying till I get some tobacco flavor... maybe if I mix it with some dark fired.
I'm not sure that I have read a funnier tobacco review recently! There are so many images that I can't get out of my head now. On top of that, I also really would like to try Ennerdale some day to see how my impressions align!

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario

I don't like smoking tobacco that doesn't taste like tobacco. I see no purpose whatsoever, and would just start vaping if all I wanted was apple cinnamon toast crunch and bubble gum flavours

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.

Here I was reading everybody else's reviews and thinking, what about the supposed floral topping or whatever, maybe it's a lot more subtle than I thought..
Then I read this and saved myself an experience and some money..
Cheers!

Reactions: cosmicfolklore
I don't like smoking tobacco that doesn't taste like tobacco. I see no purpose whatsoever, and would just start vaping if all I wanted was apple cinnamon toast crunch and bubble gum flavours
The older version of Erinmore, at least gives you the flavors of the burleys and the nicotine. This is the tobacco I suggest people smoke in their cars to get rid of any tobacco smells that may be lingering before they sell it.

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
but no one mentioned that this is an all out no-holds-barred aromatic
Really? I always see it mentioned as the most saucy of Lakeland sauced blends. I fully expected to be hit in the face with sauce.

I just got my sample in the mail too. Approaching the bottom of my first bowl, and I also don’t know what to think about it. I think I’m smoking it in the wrong setting.

This needs to be smoked in a small stone cottage with close walls, air heavy from the third full day of drizzle. A pot of soup with some mutton simmering on a hook over a flagstone fireplace, offering a stiff competition in aroma to the pipe. The picture crowded mantle gives pride of place to Queen Victoria, sternly watching me light the pipe, still in my Harris tweed suit, a bit soggy at the ankles from hunting grouse in the wood down the lane.

I smoke while I read a monograph on the vagaries of grain prices since the repeal of the corn laws, and wonder if it was all worth it.

Really? I always see it mentioned as the most saucy of Lakeland sauced blends. I fully expected to be hit in the face with sauce.
Honestly, I never paid much attention to it till this thread and it happened to be in stock. I figured it was a lakeland, so maybe a hint of aroma in the smoke. But, I didn't expect to see guys who would bawk at discussing the fruity cherry-ness of a Sutliff or the fruitiness of a Lane so and so, discussing this one, so I pulled the trigger. I figured these guys to be a little more like me in my taste for tasting the tobacco... maybe not.

Reactions: Casual

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
I figured these guys to be a little more like me in my taste for tasting the tobacco... maybe not.

I think fashion changes. When the plebs get straight tobacco, the fancy blending houses make aros for the enlightened. When the plebs smoke aros, then straight tobacco is the thing.

I’m still waiting for the craft breweries to get the message that the plebs are drinking over-hopped nonsense and so the cool kids would like a nice low-IBU brown ale.