PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
I am a fan of HH Burley but don't reach for it as often as eight state. I haven't tried the others mentioned but I have heard glowing reviews for both pegasus and haunted bookshop. Eight state is more of a OTC half & half with an oriental twist and slight topping.

Reactions: jlopez

cohibajoe

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 2, 2018
Branchburg, NJ
Do they even say that they will drop at midnight? I don't remember them ever saying that with Folklore. I just woke up at 5AM and they were gone already. THAT'S mostly what pissed me off.
Didn't they have one that dropped in the morning recently, which then messed up their website?
FolkloreA.png

Worknman

Sep 23, 2019
Maybe its just me but ESB didn't remind me of your quintessential burley blend like pegasus, haunted book shop, hh burley flake, etc. That was my first impression, which I've found rarely stays the same, so I'm going to have to try it again now that its been a while and see if I want to buy more.

Ebarber

Can't Leave
Mar 11, 2020
Newark, Ohio
I wasn't going to but looked and saw it was still available a little bit ago and so was Edisto. So I ordered 4 tins of the ESB for the sake of getting some. I still have a bunch from the last drop so I did want some to compare and you know....Edisto. Got to get that free shipping and all.

Swiss Army Knife

Can't Leave
Jul 12, 2021
North Carolina
Probably going to sit this one out but I'm pretty surprised it's still up on both SPC and TPC, with 347 tins in stock on the latter.

Is it only the Virginia heavy blends that get the sold out in an hour treatment? Maybe I should become more of a Burley smoker.

Reactions: SpookedPiper

Singularis

Sep 11, 2019
Wausau, Wis
I tried talking myself out of another vanity purchase, but finally relented since it was still in stock 36 hours later and I hadn’t bought it last time it was released. I’ll throw the two tins on top of my other sealed tins in my smallish cellar and who knows maybe i’ll get around to smoking it this year!

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
I tried talking myself out of another vanity purchase, but finally relented since it was still in stock 36 hours later and I hadn’t bought it last time it was released. I’ll throw the two tins on top of my other sealed tins in my smallish cellar and who knows maybe i’ll get around to smoking it this year!
Same here. I didn't get any last time but bought two this time because it was still available. I'll get to them eventually

Reactions: ofafeather

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I am a huge fan of C&D just like I'm a huge fan of Field Notes. But I do not do the special editions of either. Not my thing.