PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Are you smoking bigger or smaller or medium sized pipes more often. For my self I have found that my larger pipes group 6 and ODA are getting more action. For example I just finished a big bowl of 2013 AStleys no 109 in my Brian Ruthenberg ODA. It smoked perfect the whole way down. Didn't get wet, or bitter just great flavor as I went.

I have noticed I have been using my larger pipes more than I used to. I am not sure why other than I have 3 hours to smoke my flakes in big pipes. The nice part is I am only smoking aged tobacco at least 7 years old and have found not a touch of bitterness. No wet dottle just a great smoke all the way where the flavors stay true.

I still smoke my group 4-5 sized pipes most of the time but the big boys are definitely getting more playing time, how about you?

newportpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 7, 2011
Newport Beach, CA
Actually I'm smoking more cigarettes. It has more to do with all the landscaping around the house then the times we're going thru. After the work is completed I'll probably go back to medium bowls as always.
Me too, Ray. For a while I was chain smoking during the height of the lockdown. Probably from being uneasy. I’ve cut back but, I’d like to be done with cigs once and for all. Trying to find my cig replacement blends. Got any recommendations?

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
Me too, Ray. For a while I was chain smoking during the height of the lockdown. Probably from being uneasy. I’ve cut back but, I’d like to be done with cigs once and for all. Trying to find my cig replacement blends. Got any recommendations?
5 Brothers works for me. I've also recently found that Daughters & Ryan Ryback is a good blend to get off the cigs.

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
I'm averaging a bowl per day. Sometimes that bowl lasts 2 days. The Covid has not affected my job at all, and my wife has been on maternity leave this whole pandemic. I wish I had more time for my pipe, but life does not allow it at this time
. I'm not too familiar with bowl sizes. What would a savinelli bing be considered? That's roughly the size of all my briars

Mar 29, 2016
No change, I smoke much more in the Summer anyway. Now I heard that nicotine helps with fighting the virus so it's a win win situation. :)

Reactions: mso489

fightnhampster

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 14, 2019
Indiana

3 sails and Ramback Balkan. Just smoke them slowly as they can get hot. Super tasty and tobacco-ey

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Unfortunately I haven't given myself an option.

:ROFLMAO:

I however have been smoking a lot more lately. Partially cause I don't work anymore, and partially because we'll...I can...