PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Do you mean this, which was in a link provided by Kevin?
dunhill.jpg

creeldaddy

Lurker
May 9, 2019
Yes just wondering where the photo came from not implying anything negative about Kevin and hope no one takes it that way, just was wondering where the original photo came from. The link is just back to Pipesmagzine.com. Hope that makes sense.

shayde

Can't Leave
Oct 4, 2013
<p>I don’t care what it’s called, I just care about when I can get some

shayde

Can't Leave
Oct 4, 2013
Good news for sure, I have enough Nightcap to last me a while but good to know I can get more.
You’ll have to post a thread on how they compare to one another!

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
Man ... I am confused, so at the end of the day how many people are going to be marketing Dunhill blends and Dunhill clones? Charatan, RObert McConnel, Scandinavian, now Peterson ... what's next?

May 4, 2015
Curiously, this information with the tin art and such is not included in the press release on the STG site from July 3. What is the source of this info?

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Cool to see Flake & Dark Flake made it back... but we have less than a year to get our hands on these, probably a lot less depending when these are actually released in the States and they’ll constantly be sold out so I won’t rely to much on these re-releases, I’ve got plenty of my favorites aging in the ol’ cellar. Enjoy the hunt (refreshing the site every few minutes). Sounds fun!

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Some of us predicted this would happen.
I now posit that these "STG-Peterson-Dunhill" blends will NOT disappear a year from now. Either STG has figured out a way to get around the deeming costs, or is prepared to eat them having sharp pencilled the cost versus future profit.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
Personally I am not concerned in the least if STG has to pony up for the U.S. portion of the market. They have the funds.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Some of us predicted this would happen.
I now posit that these "STG-Peterson-Dunhill" blends will NOT disappear a year from now. Either STG has figured out a way to get around the deeming costs, or is prepared to eat them having sharp pencilled the cost versus future profit.
Probably this. It's not like the FDA fees are that large, evidently around $3000 per blend. Once they've sold a couple of thousand tins per blend that cost will go away. Or, they may decide to do what others are doing and focus on the Asian market.
You’ll have to post a thread on how they compare to one another!
Compare what? STG is simply restarting the same production line they stopped. Same equipment, same components, same processing. The only thing different will be the name on the tin. Ahhh, but what's in a name?
Man ... I am confused, so at the end of the day how many people are going to be marketing Dunhill blends and Dunhill clones? Charatan, RObert McConnel, Scandinavian, now Peterson ... what's next?
Well, they're ALL clones, including STG. Actual Dunhill tobaccos haven't been made since the 1980's, and in the case of Navy Rolls, never existed at all, since Murray's created that particular product. Just pick the clone you like the best. Don't worry, be happy. None of it's legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.