Dunhill Tobaccos Discontinued (At Least In The Netherlands And Perhaps Elsewhere

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Any news about this? I just checked on the skandinavian tobacco group webside who manufactures the Dunhill blends. There's a contact page where you can ask them questions. But you have a scroll down menu where you must choose the brand. Dunhill is not (no longer?) on the list....
As BAT stated that they were going out of the cigar and pipe tobacco business, and since they own the Dunhill branded blends, the result seems pretty clear. It's all going away, EVERYWHERE. No more. Nada. Finito. Done. Cancelled. Discontinued. Expired. Terminated. Deceased. Passed on. Croaked out. Sleeping with the fishes. Exterminated. Extinct.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
Any news about this? I just checked on the skandinavian tobacco group webside who manufactures the Dunhill blends. There's a contact page where you can ask them questions. But you have a scroll down menu where you must choose the brand. Dunhill is not (no longer?) on the list....
I am not surprised you do not see Dunhill on the list of STG brands. The brand is owned by BAT, STG just makes the stuff.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I guess the Dunhill license holders are handing over this revenue stream to those who do match blends, especially anyone lucky enough to introduce their match blends before 2007 and keep them on sale. It's an ill wind that doesn't blow someone good. The whole pipe world will churn for a decade on this and other changes.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
The whole pipe world will churn for a decade on this and other changes.
That's a gross understatement.
If the FDA rules go ahead as scheduled, and the government's enforcement powers continue unchecked, this will be the beginning of the end for the pipe tobacco business. The cost and complexity of doing business under these regulations will limit the field to all but the largest tobacco companies. At the same time, the regulation's forced elimination of so many established brands, and the ban on new products will mean that the consumer base will shrink, sales will drop and industry players will exit the field (as we are seeing with Dunhill). The pipe tobacco business (and the cigar business) can only grow through introduction of new products. Once the novelty of new prodct is gone, there is no future. Sure, a lot of us will hang on, smoking our cellars and telling tales of the good old days, but you won't see many new folks taking up pipe smoking.
Where this ultimately ends, I can't say for certain, but the pipe world as we know it will end on 8-8-18.
TEOTPWAWKI.

framitz

Can't Leave
Oct 25, 2013
Jesse I think te end of the pipe world as we know its Shel. I am to old to care I will just smoke away as a mere ash of myself

plugugly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2015
Well gee Mr. Woodsroad; isn't it the POINT of burdensome government regulation to get rid of the competition from the "little guys" so the "Big Boys" can enjoy enhanced revenue streams without that bothersome "free market" competition and stuff?

Well, just ask'n.
Plugugly

Status
Not open for further replies.