Dunhill Tobaccos Discontinued (At Least In The Netherlands And Perhaps Elsewhere

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

leonardw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 30, 2011
Hi All:

I'll post a response from STG Lane (importer)in a separate thread.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
In the last few days I have come to the conclusion that if all blends disappeared except SToP Warhorse RR, I would survive just fine. :mrgreen:

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
To Arno665, startled to learn this about Holland,but I can't believe this comes true so many blends vanishing off market,there are many traditional pipetobaccos available in Netherlands,Baai types,Semois,Schipper special,and on,In my opinion this aforementionend brand killing final operation can't become true,and How about Deutschland?out There are thousands of various blends available,nevertheless,yet I must confess the last time I saw my beloved Hollad Ryo Tobacco Van Nelle Zwaar(smoked it primarly those 20 year before switching to pipes)I was horrified with the level on how the arts on the package-surface was brutally destroyed-unbelievable

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
BAT is not prepared to this because of the extra costs, they don't care about pipe-tobacco so much any more.
So this is not the US FDA... I feel warmer inside.
Still, I am cold, so cold... without hope. The world is grower darker, greyer, and all I can see is the eye of Sauron, looking over us with a lust for control.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Tolkien was more prescient than most give him credit for being. Hubris leads us to a lust for power and control beyond our stations. And from that, many evils come... including loss of Royal Yacht.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Considering any discontinued original, isn't there always the "match" versions still available? I always bought bulk in 965/Nightcap/Early Morning anyway

theloniousmonkfish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2017
"Considering any discontinued original, isn't there always the "match" versions still available?"
Did the match exist prior to the deeming date?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Among many older blends, Iwan Ries Three Star Blue was introduced in the fifties, I believe, as a number of their blends go well back in time. The downside is that IR charges sales tax and has a postal minimum of about ten bucks, which jacks up the price of many orders, but theirs is still a good array of time-tested and interesting blends, especially if you are a moderate smoker who doesn't need a monthly supply. They were one of the early retailers to include burley in their more sophisticated blends, sort of an early-acceptor on burley before Cornell & Diehl.

jamespworth

Might Stick Around
Mar 13, 2012
Probably as similar situation to here in the UK with regards to packaging we already have huge warnings and pictures on the back of the tins. I am lucky to get the vast majority of my tins from the US without the warnings however I don't expect that to last forever.
I will certainly miss my mixture 965 and nightcap however I'm sure I will find something else.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
There will always be Middleton's Cherry.
Regulation always gives the big sellers what they want: essentially a monopoly.
People forget there are many ways to achieve a goal, and the one that seems easiest is often the worst...
Going to go stock up on Prince Albert I suppose.

thomasmartin

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2015
Unesco world heritage
Any news about this? I just checked on the skandinavian tobacco group webside who manufactures the Dunhill blends. There's a contact page where you can ask them questions. But you have a scroll down menu where you must choose the brand. Dunhill is not (no longer?) on the list....

misterrogers

Can't Leave
May 16, 2011
Ohio
Any news about this? I just checked on the skandinavian tobacco group webside who manufactures the Dunhill blends. There's a contact page where you can ask them questions. But you have a scroll down menu where you must choose the brand. Dunhill is not (no longer?) on the list....
According to this thread it's happening stateside as well. It's a shame to see Dunhill going. I might have to stock up, but my dosh reserves aren't what they should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.