PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 27, 2020
Do you ever drive with your shirt off? That would probably be unsafe if you smoked a pipe while doing so, the embers could burn your chest. I passed a man on the highway yesterday driving shirtless (it was a sedan not a pick-up truck) and considered his decision the rest of the drive home. While it was hot here it doesn't seem like it is a good way to deal with the heat, possibly sticking to the vinyl or leather seats or sweating into cloth upholstery. When I am working in the yard, hiking or even at the beach I tend to wear a loose fitting long sleeve shirt and find it to be more comfortable. Maybe when I first started to drive, I drove topless a few times thinking it would add the sex appeal that my second hand Ford Taurus lacked. In hindsight I am happy that I quickly realized this was a bad idea. If I ever saw a pipe smoker driving with their shirt off and found myself stopped at a light next to them, I would certainly not ask what blend they were smoking.

Kissel bixby

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 10, 2021
I am bald, 250lbs with a 4 door wrangler. Top down and my top off is the way to go. I don't give a S--t how I look because the breeze is amazimg. If you see man boobs then you shouldn't have looked over. I have fabric seats with a t-shirt draped on the back, perfection. Only thing better is a motorcycle, which I am trying to retire because I work in a level 1 trauma center. FYI I don't smoke or go topless on the motorcycle, can't scare the public that bad. When I smoke my pipe I put on sunglasses and hold my pipe by the stem and hand coming from above. My hand kind of cuffs the sides and top of the bowl, closest to my face. Like cuffing your hand trying to lite it when it's windy. I usually smoke less expensive tobacco while driving because you do loose the room note. If you are a tobbacoholic like me then you get crafty getting that nic hit in. I do a lot of tamping. I perfected it to the point an extremely little amount of unlit ash may flutter out, no burning embers. Again I really cuff the bowl. It is not the way I enjoy a pipe but when I am nicking, it beats sitting on the side of the road. As for shirtless the older you get the less you care what others think. On a beautiful warm day, with nowhere to be, going shirtless is like not wearing a condom. If you haven't tried it you don't know what ur missing!

Status
Not open for further replies.