PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
Nicotine can help me be sleepy. I found during an annoying bout of insomnia worse than usual that a little snuff would help me drift off. No other tobacco product really does this, but I keep some snuff in the night stand for bad nights. I don't understand it, but it works.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm mostly aware of nic as an upper. I think the sleepiness comes along too if you get a really strong hit. I don't smoke for nic, and don't seem habituated. I can stop smoking and go for days, weeks, with no mood or concentration problems. But when I occasionally get a buzz, it's a plus.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I’ve read where nicotine goes so far in some people as to actually make them sleepy. And while it relaxes me and clears my mind, I’ve never gotten the “time for a nap” effect.

It’d be quite helpful on nights like tonight when my old pal Insomnia stops by for a most unwelcome visit.

Harrumph.

Any nicotine sleepers out there?
nicotine is a weird drug it has properties of a stimulant and of a depressant. It's a stimulant because it raise cardiovascular activities heart rate, blood pressure etc but it's nervous system effects are more like a neutralize and take you back to even) cause it's main effect is just making your brain more efficient at releasing and directing neurotransmitters. So it will help you sleep and relax or wake up and get your ass in gear. Additionally the absorption rate makes a big difference. Why snuff and cigarettes feel different then a pipe. Think difference between downing shots and sipping a nice martini.

Reactions: diamondback
Status
Not open for further replies.