PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasongone

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 23, 2011
The Riff is the only tobacco that I have ever tried that I absolutely 100% despised. Dude at work grabbed a pouch and hated it. Walked up to me holding it out the other day saying: "You can have this if you want." I cringed at the memory.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
So why didn't the B&M guy recommend something else. Especially if the guy is new to pipe smoking, or you for that matter. I would have snagged him and given him a sample of something good that I was smoking. We want these new smokers to have a good experience and BK probably isn't going to help him. There are so many great tobacoos out there and most new smokers have no clue.
BK is something I have never tried. My dad smoked it when I was a kid and my mom said she always like the room note, the cherry I think.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
No need to "turn in" my man card here.

I currently have a pouch of Borkum Riff "Oringial Mixture" open.

I believe it has actually been improved.

I'm digging this blend.

jasongone

Mar 23, 2011
Oh I have given my friend many good blends to try. He grabbed the Riff while he was out alone. He told me it was the pouch artwork that got him. Friggin' tattooers. Ha

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
"I'm digging this blend."
Apparently the official party line among the Pipes Magazine staff is that BORKUM RIFF IS GOOD.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
You may not actually smoke the tobacco, but unless you have a few of those empty Borkum Riff tins lying around in your garage for nails, paint thinner, and so on, then you need to turn in your man card immediately
I smoked BR so long ago I didn't have a house, much less a garage - I was a college student. And I never had enough money for tins, so I smoked pouches.

Sorry, Charlie - nobody tells me what I have to do to be a man. :nana:

group4

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 16, 2011
I like the name Borkum Riff; I like the pouch, the aroma, the idea of it; the only thing I DON'T like about BR is the taste.

saint1

Lurker
Aug 13, 2012
i love it i smoke it 24/7 its my favorite go to tobacco i have no problem keeping it lit like some people say it does not give me tounge burn the flavor is verry subtle wich i like and i have never got a bad batch i have recomended to a few of my friends and they like it over captian black my only complaint is the fact that i cant get it in BULK BULK BULK!!!! so if you got it and hate it send it my way

lazydog

Apr 24, 2012
expensive worm bedding, along with 1Q. But.....TEHO (to each his own). There is a tribe in the Amazon that believes this stuff when smoked, will increase sexual stamina and produce male offspring. BR dropships their product from the air and the tribe pays in gold and silver. This is the only explanation for the longevity of BR.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
The first pipe tobacco I ever smoked was BR Whiskey. I was 12 or 13 and I borrowed one of my dads pipes and went to the drugstore to get some. I proceeded to burn the crap out of my tongue and never tried it again. My dad used to smoke it and I loved the smell. I have looked at that and many otc's lately thinking I should try one. My neighbor smokes CB Gold and it smells great, but after all I have read about these, I don't really think I would enjoy them.

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
I've only tried one otc blend and that was Middletons Cherry Blend. Didn't make it past the true light. I don't mind 1Q though. Not my go to blend. Can't seem to get away from the English/Balkan blends!!

auspipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2012
Australia
It is one of the 3 pipe tobaccos available in Australia. I have never tried it though, would rather import small amounts of good tobacco than spend $40 for 50grams of inferior stuff.

ruraldean

Might Stick Around
Apr 27, 2012
Sadly, I like it too. BR Original that is, not Whiskey. My GP smokes nothing else. Any UK smokers looking to bin it give me a call...

Status
Not open for further replies.