Do You Smoke More Or Less In Fall And Winter?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTex

Lurker
Oct 2, 2019
China Spring, Texas
When I took up the pipe I smoked primarily in the fall and winter. Tobacco in the hot summer in Texas did not appeal to me. Now that my home and workshop are air conditioned I enjoy my pipes year round. I also enjoy sitting on the patio in the fall and even winter when temps allow with a good leaf,

Last edited:
Reactions: stogie37

Ctbill

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 6, 2019
CT & VT
I’ve historically been a summer cigar / winter pipe guy. The last two years, I’ve been mostly smoking my pipe, and fewer cigars, regardless of season. And we get a full 4 seasons here in CT & VT. Either way (cigar or pipe), I do tend to heavier blends in the cold, and lighter blends in the warm...

Reactions: anotherbob and JTex

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Jesse-

Many calendars have those mentioned as to when there is, say, a Winter Solstice, or First Day of Fall. It may be rooted in some heathen ritual or other.....

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I think a little bit less. I smoke in my kitchen next to a window fan, so sub zero winter temps don’t matter to me. But summer means camping, trips “up north [northern Michigan],” etc., and I tend to smoke a lot more during those sorts of events than I would just being at home.

Reactions: anotherbob

aro222

Can't Leave
Mar 17, 2018
Toronto Ontario, Canada
I tend to smoke less when it’s really hot out
So in the fall and winter I usually kick it up a notch. I find it more comfortable to relax and smoke a bowl when it’s cooler out and in the dead of winter I’m in the garage which is heated so still very comfortable. Canadian winters can get pretty cold, my garage is about 20 degrees Celsius throughout those months and it becomes my little man cave.

Reactions: Idahojoe

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
I smoke less in the winter as it's usually rainy, cold, and it gets dark sooner. I really enjoy the sunsets and dusk so if it's a nice night out I am smoke while tending to the fire pit. It's not a comfortable as spring, summer, and fall. I also tend to smoke heartier blends of Latakia and orientals.

augiebd

Lifer
Jul 6, 2019
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
I smoke outside and am in a part of Canada where snow usually lasts from October to April at a minimum. Then there is the wind. I smoke less in the winter. I keep thinking I need some type of outdoor shelter with a source of heat for the winter but haven’t bit the bullet on that yet.

tg51

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2017
Fort Polk, LA
I tend to smoke more in the winter. Sitting next to a crackling fire and a dog curled at your feet isn't as enjoyable in the 90 degree Virginia summers

Reactions: stogie37

tradition

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 27, 2018
Connecticut, USA
I smoke indoors so I would say about the same for all seasons.

I have a man-cave in my basement fully equipped with a bar and big screen. I've installed exhaust fans that vent outside and smoke both cigars and pipes there.

Reactions: instymp and lawdawg

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
more in winter. I refuse to miss a day then unless it's extra icy or windy. I hate all that damn heat and sweet in the summer. Though the pipe has to be clenchable in winter because well I don't like gloves much so it's every ten minutes or so I need to let my hands warm in the pockets before handling the pipe again.

Status
Not open for further replies.