Do You Smoke More Or Less In Fall And Winter?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
I smoke indoors so I would say about the same for all seasons.

I have a man-cave in my basement fully equipped with a bar and big screen. I've installed exhaust fans that vent outside and smoke both cigars and pipes there.

Sounds awesome! I read @cosmicfolklore 's post once about ventilation fans for us indoor smokers, and it sounds like an excellent idea. I plan to eventually install one in my living room where I do most of my smoking.

Reactions: UncleRasta

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
I am not sure whether I smoke more or less summer vs. winter, as I never kept a count, but let me tell you I sure enjoy a pipe more during the colder periods of the year. Also as soon as it gets cold outside I do seem to enjoy english blends more than anything else.

Franco

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 7, 2019
Lower Terrebonne
I smoke much more in the cooler months. I just about stop smoking every year in the heat of the Summer. With temps dipping below 90f tomorrow, I'm excited about firing up a bowl.

Reactions: mngslvs

derhammer

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 7, 2018
New Zealand
Definitely less in Fall and Winter since I smoke outside. The wind from the south is darn freezing I can't stay outdoors for more than 30 minutes

kingjon

Can't Leave
Aug 27, 2013
Since I’ve been smoking pipes, it’s always in the fall/winter. This year is the first time I put any effort into smoking during the summer.
jon

tobefrank

Lifer
Jun 22, 2015
Australia
I think I smoke the same amount all year around. The cold doesn’t bother me. Only wind would stop me from smoking, because I don’t want to burn my pipes.

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
It gets to -40C here and colder. I'm an outdoor smoker so I definitely smoke less in winter. My wife doesn't mind the odd bowl inside so I guess I'm lucky there. I also smoke a bit in my truck over the winter

mngslvs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2019
Yarmouth, Maine
ditto Franco. I can't smoke for about 2 months in summer. My enjoyment of a pipe moves roughly in inverse proportion to the temperature.

Spinkle

Sep 16, 2019
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
We got our first major snowfall yesterday afternoon/evening. Right now its -5c and its going down to -14c later today. Also a fairly steady wind to really drive the bitter cold home.

I live in a condo so I only have a balcony and its gusty up here. I have not had a pipe in 48 hours or so. I want one, but when the weather is this bad I can't sit outside for more than 5 minutes. I may go lunting later to keep warm and try and enjoy the pipe.

adui

Can't Leave
Aug 26, 2019
Mesa Arizona
I'm just back to this hobby after more than 2 decades not smoking. That said, I'm going to guess it will be more in the fall / winter due to the unbearable heat during the day and well into the night in the summer time. (not uncommon to see it still at 100 degrees at midnight in the summer)

UncleRasta

Lifer
Sep 26, 2019
Monterey, CA
I think I may smoke a little more in the fall and winter because I am indoors more where I do most of my smoking, but it seems like a minor difference. Any one else have major swings in the number of bowls smoked over the various seasons?
My only reference year is 2019 lol. So with that evidence in hand, I can conclude that I smoke more in September than August, more in October than September, and November is going very well thank you very much. Some Balkan Sasieni and some Chelsea Mornings arriving today along with some Orlik Golden Slice. I think December will be a good month too.

Mr.Mike

Nov 11, 2019
Pennsylvania
Definitely less on the fall/winter. I generally try to smoke outdoors because I have kids but will smoke in my bedroom with the door closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.