Do You Smoke More Or Less In Fall And Winter?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think I may smoke a little more in the fall and winter because I am indoors more where I do most of my smoking, but it seems like a minor difference. Any one else have major swings in the number of bowls smoked over the various seasons?

spartacus

Lifer
Nov 7, 2018
Mesa, Arizona
No, I am about the same amount of bowls but my taste seem to change, I gravitate more towards Latakia blends in the winter and Va - Va/Per in the summer.

I guess I'm odd that way!

Reactions: Saintwilliam

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
No, I am about the same amount of bowls but my taste seem to change, I gravitate more towards Latakia blends in the winter and Va - Va/Per in the summer.

Same here, pretty much. I will add that I've only in the past year or so gotten into cigars, but the trend is developing that I'll smoke more cigars in the summer and more pipes in the other seasons. Something about the heat and humidity just make cigars seem a good fit.

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Same here. In Florida it’s almost intolerable to light a pipe outside in the summertime. Also, VaPer and Aro’s in the summer and English (Latakia) in the winter.

Spinkle

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 16, 2019
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
In the winter especially January/February I smoke much less and sometimes go days at a time without. I can’t smoke indoors and when it hits -20c it’s very hard to justify sitting outside for 45 minutes.

Reactions: Saintwilliam

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
As an outdoor smoker my pipe smoking is less in winter. For that matter my pipe smoking is less when it is windy. Probably I'd not smoke a pipe at all if I lived in Wyoming!

haparnold

Lifer
Aug 9, 2018
Colorado Springs, CO
More by far. In fact, this is one of the first years in about a decade of pipe smoking that I’ve soldiered on through the summer. Y’all are a bad influence on mepuf

I’m very curious to see how this holds up over time, since I’ve always lived in the American South, but am moving to Colorado next year, where summer temperatures are much milder.

Status
Not open for further replies.