PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

khiddy

Can't Leave
Jun 21, 2024
South Bend, Indiana
blog.hallenius.org
Maybe if you have that kind of dishwasher...

If your dishwasher doesn't sterilize properly for whatever reason, mold could certainly be a concern.

I don't have a dishwasher at all. My wife says we need one, I don't see it myself.

Contamination is always a concern when storing tobacco for the long haul. You can't see the mold spores, but they're all around you right now.

The jars are sterilized at the factory... If you want to play fast and loose, have at it. But don't convince yourself of something like, "there is zero concern for mold."
Well sir, I do have such a dishwasher, and I use it. It’s more efficient than hand washing, more effective at getting things truly clean, and better for the environment in terms of the amount of water and soap/detergent used.

But you do you. Your hand washed new jars are at greater risk for mold spores than my reused jars fresh out of the sterilization cycle, so I’ll continue using the tools at my disposal and not worry about it.

As to your balls, well, handwashing is recommended. Perhaps even sterilization is called for with some people.

Status
Not open for further replies.