PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have scores of pipes, and every third smoke I decide that pipe is the absolute best, until the next smoke, or a few later. Too many pipes, but I don't have any inclination to cull at this point. It's a way to tap the brakes on PAD, to some degree.

lightmybriar

Lifer
Mar 11, 2014
My MarTelo LC is the one pipe of all my collection that somehow brings out the best taste of any tobacco I put in it. On top of that, the feel of the ring grain and the balance of the pipe make it unrivaled amongst my collection. It is somewhat frustrating, as I have been ignoring most of my other pipes!

oldguyoldpipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 20, 2019
I know some people are not Dunhill people, but several of my old Dunhills seem to smoke everything well:

Dunhill 42/7 Dublin (1925)
Dunhill 21 Pot (1928)
Dunhill 327 Opera (1961)
Dunhill 591 Hungarian (1968)

and then a very recent Amorelli Penna di San Michele Bent Billiard I bought last year.

Oh, and a Peterson Red Spigot B5 (1993) and a Savenelli Tundra 316EX...

Oh no, I think I may have a problem...….

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
A Stanwell Royal Guard model 83. Low grade I think, bought in a hurry one day I'd forgotten my stuff. It fits my teeth, is light enough to clench yet bulky enough to keep it cool. A great pipe. I'll add a couple more when I get the chance.

Reactions: diamondback

Sonorisis

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 24, 2019
Well, there are the "special" pipes that always bring a clarity to smoking a particular tobacco. Then, there are the pipes I reach for because they're comfortable, easy to take care of and not precious.

The well-engineered pipes I have really enhance the smoking experience. But, those are the ones that I feel must be cared for and conserved. Rims must be protected, stems must be oiled and cared for, bowl must be kept clean.

The cobs and Falcons get a lot of use because they don't demand much, if any care. I just smoke 'em, wipe 'em, and put them back in the rack. They're ready for another go-round soon after that. I do let them dry, but that's it.

Reactions: diamondback

supperthyme

Can't Leave
Nov 2, 2019
I have several pipes that smoke great but the one that is special is the first pipe my wife gifted me, similar to Diamondback’s wife, she didn’t know what she was buying, and selected a Nording Signature Natural Freehand.

Smokes great, fits my hand well, seems to suit the tobacco I smoke.

View attachment 13372

Wow, that signature natural is developing some fantastic color! It's obvious that you reach for it often. There's something to be said about the substantial palm feel of a big danish freehand.

I bought this big ugly Nording spruce on impulse a few years ago.. I have a few high grade expensive pipes in my arsenal but this craggy old lump is the one I always reach for. I daresay I'm in love with it.

augiebd

Lifer
Jul 6, 2019
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Wow, that signature natural is developing some fantastic color! It's obvious that you reach for it often. There's something to be said about the substantial palm feel of a big danish freehand.

I bought this big ugly Nording spruce on impulse a few years ago.. I have a few high grade expensive pipes in my arsenal but this craggy old lump is the one I always reach for. I daresay I'm in love with it.

You are correct, I do reach for this one more than others, it just seems part of me when I smoke it.

I can see the appeal of the Nording Spruce. I’ve picked up a Nording Freehand Handmade at an antique mall and am planning to refurbish it over the holiday. I expect it will also be special.

Status
Not open for further replies.