PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
When I smoked my favorite pipe was a rusticated (probably by a wire brush) straight saddle billiard the diameter of which, of a group 4 chamber, had been enlarged about two millimeters by being well-loved by previous owner(s); about 30g, and I continued to love it well. I sold and bought it back in 2012 and about that time dedicated it to Dark Flake.

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
You are correct, I do reach for this one more than others, it just seems part of me when I smoke it.

I can see the appeal of the Nording Spruce. I’ve picked up a Nording Freehand Handmade at an antique mall and am planning to refurbish it over the holiday. I expect it will also be special.

I picked up a Nording Freehand a while back. I hesitated because they seemed cliché, but in the end they won me over. It’s a great pipe. The draw/draft is just about perfect for me.

Reactions: supperthyme

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
My Brebbia is my special pipe just because I've had it so long over 20 years at this point. It's the one I am most acclimated towards. In fact it's the easiest clencher in my list. And seriously when dogs see me smoking I swear they think "now there is a person who understands how awesome it is to have a stick".

tobefrank

Lifer
Jun 22, 2015
Australia
My special pipe is this Stanwell shape 124 that I bought as an estate when the shape came back out as a Stanwell Revival shape.

I was immediate drawn to the shape, but couldn’t find one for sale at the time. I finally managed to hunt one down on an obscure German estate pipe website for 35 Euros. They didn’t ship to Australia, so I had it shipped to my parents in the Netherlands, who shipped it on to me.

I don’t think I have had a single bad smoke in this pipe. I recently decided to break the dedication to VaPers to try a bowl of Solani Aged Burley Flake in it. That was the first time that I really got a good taste of a burley blend.

This pipe seems to make things effortless, so it is the one I reach for the most.

Just as an aside, the same goes for the little Spyderco Dragonfly 2 knife in the photo. I have more expensive knives, but that one spends the most time in my pocket.

twangthang

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
For me it’s a birth year Dunhill. A group 4 billiard with a saddle bit. You know the pipe you buy where the seller tells you everything that’s wrong with it because there is a lot wrong with it. Crazing inside the bowl, a bit out of round etc...
when I smoked it I could only see everything that is right with it. Like me it has lived it’s 54 years and wears some scars. I can appreciate that. It smokes like a champ and still has some fight left in it.

Reactions: tobefrank

Epip Oc'Cabot

Can't Leave
Oct 11, 2019
In some ways, I am of the mindset as stated in the lyrics of the C, S, N, & Y song.... “.... love the one you’re with...” in that each pipe has its own uniqueness and special qualities. So, that is how I try to look at the question.

Jef

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2019
North Carolina
My MarTelo LC is the one pipe of all my collection that somehow brings out the best taste of any tobacco I put in it. On top of that, the feel of the ring grain and the balance of the pipe make it unrivaled amongst my collection. It is somewhat frustrating, as I have been ignoring most of my other pipes!

View attachment 13182
Nice looking pipe. ?
Jef

Status
Not open for further replies.