PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bron340

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 16, 2019
Minot, ND
I actually have quite a few. I have dabbled in blacksmithing, wood working (joinery specifically), and making medieval armour. I hunt, fish, and enjoy being outdoors, but I don't consider them hobbies, part of my life. I brew beer, and study and recreate the history of the first third of the sixteenth century Germany, specifically the Holy Roman Empire. I have learned the skills needed to employ a sword against another man, but sadly my body no longer lets me pursue this passion. I am currently attempting to build a matchlock arquebus. I shoot firearms competitively, SASS, USPSA and three gun. Oh yeah, my family likes Mopars. I think that's all.

Reactions: jttnk

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Straight razors, single edge razors, double edge razors...shaving stuff.
Who would do such a thing?

img_20170723_190705-2.jpg

In addition to shaving my face I'm also a head shaver.

Great, isn't it?

brandaves

Can't Leave
Jan 5, 2020
Kentucky
Who would do such a thing?

View attachment 26426

Great, isn't it?

it's akin to pipe smoking for me in several ways. When I first started I felt overwhelmed with all there was to learn. Once I learned it became therapeutic and a way to destress. I like that my hobbies help me to slow down and enjoy my experience. Both encourage thoughtful contemplation and have contributed to my days in positive ways...That sounds a little cheesy and more then a little zen, but totally true.

Reactions: jttnk and Bowie

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
it's akin to pipe smoking for me in several ways. When I first started I felt overwhelmed with all there was to learn. Once I learned it became therapeutic and a way to destress. I like that my hobbies help me to slow down and enjoy my experience. Both encourage thoughtful contemplation and have contributed to my days in positive ways...That sounds a little cheesy and more then a little zen, but totally true.
When everyone in the house sees me getting my shaving stuff out of my tobacco closet, they all go away. They know it's Daddy's "me" time. Generally take an hour to do a steaming towel, preshave, lather in my scuttles, shave, cold wash, post shave, aftershave, and cleanup.

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
The rest of the time in my life is taken up by hiking, backpacking, mountain biking, cooking, and amateur astronomy. There's something incredibly peaceful about taking my telescopes to a dark sky site in the middle of the desert and observing the (visible) universe, usually while having a pipe as well.

Reactions: Tommy Boy

lifesizehobbit

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
Photography and my hot rods keep me busy as well. Plus I do a little stand-up comedy from time-to-time.

Attachments

• Two 55s.jpg
    Two 55s.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Monarch Moment.jpg
    Monarch Moment.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: Akousticplyr

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
I enjoy reading a lot and a bit of writing. Though I don't have a sophisticated palette and would prefer pizza, I apparently a pretty good savant of a cook. I put things I I don't think I'd like but I think my wife would love and 9 times out of 10, she does so I do the cooking for company.

I also enjoy shooting pistols with my kids at the range. I like shooting precharged air rifles which I can do in the basement in the winter with a silencer and not bother anyone. My wife and I enjoy biking quite a bit. This is my favorite bike. We can get a weeks worth of groceries in it and it rides like a dream. Clearly no spandex for me.

BK3236_1024x1024.jpeg

I also enjoy motorcycling and scootering. Since I live in an urban area, I prefer a scooter since most of the time with my last motorcycle, I never got out of second.

piaggio-mp3-500-2008-moto.jpeg

I did improv comedy for years. I'm considering doing it again.

badbriar

Oct 17, 2012
Suncoast Florida by the Beach
Soaring is my passion. Have had partnerships in two aircraft, one to the left. When I grow up (62 now) and this pandemic eases, I'd like to build an aircraft that falls under FAR Part 103 - powered ultralight. Some are pretty cool and actually look like mini-planes! No license or medical required.

Reactions: hauntedmyst

lifesizehobbit

Oct 23, 2015
I enjoy reading a lot and a bit of writing. Though I don't have a sophisticated palette and would prefer pizza, I apparently a pretty good savant of a cook. I put things I I don't think I'd like but I think my wife would love and 9 times out of 10, she does so I do the cooking for company.

I also enjoy shooting pistols with my kids at the range. I like shooting precharged air rifles which I can do in the basement in the winter with a silencer and not bother anyone. My wife and I enjoy biking quite a bit. This is my favorite bike. We can get a weeks worth of groceries in it and it rides like a dream. Clearly no spandex for me.

BK3236_1024x1024.jpeg

I also enjoy motorcycling and scootering. Since I live in an urban area, I prefer a scooter since most of the time with my last motorcycle, I never got out of second.

View attachment 26504

I also have a Vespa 150 Primavera, and a Harley Softtail Slim S. I don't really consider them "hobbies" - but I like riding.

Reactions: hauntedmyst

Akousticplyr

Lifer
Oct 12, 2019
Florida Panhandle

BK3236_1024x1024.jpeg

View attachment 26504

I'm looking for an air rifle with silence for plinking in the back yard. Any recommendations?

NEmery

Lurker
Dec 31, 2019
Beaufort, SC
Having 3 of my 7 kids living at home (age 7, 6, and 1) and my wife and I working full time, I don't have much 'SPARE TIME' anymore for hobbies. However, there are things I am into. LOL. I have a 70's chevy van and we like to travel and camp and hit Van Runs in the van. We also had a 70's Dodge van and 3rd Gen Ford van, but we sold those this year. The wife and I both have our own motorcycles (I have a Shovelhead, she has a Sportster) and ride in the rare chance we can get away. I enjoy picking one of my banjos when things are calm enough at home to do so. Due to our hectic schedules and the kids, we typically just go to the beach and drink on our weekends and have a fire outside in the evenings to relax.

Status
Not open for further replies.