PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Want to check out Pipe by George, but with pandemic and everything, didn't drive to Raleigh. I should, and stop by Char-Grill.
I work in the One Glenwood building right across from the Char Grill and a couple of blocks from Georges. The corner of the building is the Dam and Draught and I have permission to smoke in their outdoor (covered) dining area. If you want, give me a heads up if you're coming down and we can have lunch and smoke a bowl. They're closed at lunch so no patrons to worry about and we could swing by Georges. I'm sure our receptionist wouldn't mind validating your parking if you used the parking deck.

Papamique

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 11, 2020
I live in one state and work in another. Both states allow online tobacco purchase. If one bans it, I have the other address to deliver to. I think online will be my path for some time to come still. If they both happen to ban it at the same time, then I will have to either drive quite a ways or just smoke what I have and grow the rest or maybe I’ll just quit smoking a pipe.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Well, most of the blends you mentioned cellaring are good-to-great blends. Saying that you were a catalyst for market shortages is hyperbolic. You simply have good taste along with your Howell’s.?☕
You are probably right but I do know a bunch of guys would work off my list. It may be that my list is the greatest list ever created by any one in the pipe world. You think I am being hyperbolic now. lololol.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
"Yet" being the operative word! It can happen for any state at any time. Here in CA, I'm full steam ahead in stock-up mode, and I know I'm not the only one. The writing's on the wall. As Morrissey once said, "...and there's nowhere to go, but down!"
love Morrisey as a singer but highly suggest the avoidance of taking advice from the man. Remember he's the guy who wrote a pro vegetarian song that makes me fantasize about steaks. Like yeah meats murder and thanks for reminding me how tasty it is better then any butcher or chef ever has.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I drive for a living. That earns my money, which I spend on tobacco from local and remote sources, so I guess I DO drive for tobacco... nnnn

I have two very good local shops that I support whenever I can. Honestly, though, like Harris, I've built my cellar in the last 4 years from mostly online sources.

I feel comfortable that I could smoke happily ever after on what I have. I'd likely have half as much had I limited myself to local offerings and prices.

Thankfully, I don't have to drive to the next state, as I live in the center of Texas. It would be 600+ miles round trip to Lake Charles, LA. This is my guess for the closest out of state city with a tobacconist shop.

1618095971179.jpeg

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
My favorite tobacco store, It's about 10 kilometers away. In a very touristy town. English, German and Scandinavian It's tourism that lives all year round. The variety of cigars and pipe tobaccois very wide. I always take advantage of and have a good coffee with Brandy, cognac or whiskey............A very nice atmosphere e just a few metres of the sea.........

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
The last time I was in Dad's (in Biddeford), they only had cigars and some high-end cigarettes. The parking lot across the street from Dads (next to the police station) has gone pay-to-park.
That stinks. I haven’t been there since maybe 2012.
I guess that’s what pays the rent....

Reactions: JOHN72

jewman22

Lifer
Apr 2, 2021
Ontario Canada
No need for me, SP ships to my door. The only tobacconist I go to is on the Rez, and they are still more expensive than ordering from out of country, so I dont use them much.
Here in Canada, the cheapest tobacco, wether it be cigars, cigarettes, dip, or pipe. They are all about 1/10 of the price on the Rez, as opposed to in town.

Nate77

Lurker
Apr 30, 2021
It is an 1 or 2 hour drive to get to any decent shop for me. So mostly buy online , but every once in awhile we will make a trip.

C

carolinasmokes

I'm fortunate to live in the Piedmont/Triad area of North Carolina, a very tobacco friendly state. The JR Cigars in Burlington was my go to for McClelland tobacco for 14+ years. They always had good stock and variety. After McClelland went away and a short break from pipe smoking I started up again with cobs and burley and as luck would have it all my local smoke shops carry various burley pipe tobaccos, even the Food Lion store local to me carries pipe tobacco. So, I don't have to travel very far for tobacco yet I still order online from time to time, it's the best of both worlds.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon
Status
Not open for further replies.