PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
OK, I'll stop bitching and moaning and step up a bit, 10 tins of Escudo is what I'd buy, along with 5 tins of whatever VA flake gets the nod.
Nailing to the wall: You might have better luck with vanilla pudding, but the trick is to "age" it until it hardens into a small puck, a month or two with home-made; a year or two with factory preservatives. Then get out the hammer n nails.....

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Ok we have a winner, jpmcwjr understood what is needed for this to happen, well done.

Thanks for the tip about the jello, can't wait to try your way.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I did pick a damn flake -- let's call it Irish Flake.
Now how do I get 400 lbs of it at a discount?

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
Let's hear some thoughts about rectangular tins for the long haul. I've had two failed seals with them, and have all but quit buying them. I know they "usually" last years, but one or two failures is all it took for me. It really doesn't make sense to pay for tins and then jar up the contents. Can we stick with round tins? :clap:

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
It would be nice to get Capstan blue flake for a regular tin price, and not pay a 50% premium.

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
I suppose I would be in for the Escudo. I have not smoked a recent iteration of it but I used to love it. I'd be willing to cellar some on a bet that it will age well.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
smokingpipes.com already has a 10% discount if you buy 25+ tins, but you would have to order it to one person. Alot of places also offer discounts at the 5 pound mark for bulk

4nogginsmike had also contacted C&D and they were willing to make chenets cake available in bulk for custom orders, but it was for a certain amount, so they would probably do it for other tobacco too.

At a certain point it doesn't make business sense to unload a bunch of tobacco for a big discount.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Brian, so what are you trying to say, I have as much chance at pulling this off as I do herding cats? funny video.
Keep em comming guys, we can do this.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Brian, so what are you trying to say, I have as much chance at pulling this off as I do herding cats?
Reading this thread has been like watching that video lol. I'm interested depending on the blend and the discount. I vote for Irish Flake.

skraps

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
smokingpipes.com already has a 10% discount if you buy 25+ tins, but you would have to order it to one person. Alot of places also offer discounts at the 5 pound mark for bulk

4nogginsmike had also contacted C&D and they were willing to make chenets cake available in bulk for custom orders, but it was for a certain amount, so they would probably do it for other tobacco too.

At a certain point it doesn't make business sense to unload a bunch of tobacco for a big discount.
Stop trying to make sense, Andy. I already attempted it and was ignored. Interesting to watch though, and hope you guys can pull it off.

jmatt

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 25, 2014
I'm in for 5 pound plugs. Just because I want to see someone start the following thread: "How do I Jar a Five Pound Plug For Aging if I Don't Want to Break it Into Smaller Pieces?"

Status
Not open for further replies.