PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
It would have to be re-boxed, or the shipper would ding a smokingpipes or P&C box in a heartbeat.

Most of the boxes I get are plain or USPS boxes. I certainly recall getting at least some shipments from SP with their company logos on the box. Easily fixed with some masking tape. More easily fixed by simply ordering from Tobacco Pipes.

jojoc

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 10, 2019
I have clients that travel around the country. They use a third-party "mail box" as and address (UPS Store/Mail Box Etc. ......) . Once a week (or whatever reshipping arrangement is made) the store gathers all of their mail and ships it to whatever current address they have on record. Road trip to Oregon or IDaho, open a box, setup re-shipping arrangements, and you should be good to go.

jojoc

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 10, 2019
As to the constitution, it, and the Bill of Rights, was designed to limit Federal powers. Not necessarily State powers. State's have long held such powers, some just use them more extensively than others.

But yes, the Nanny State seems to be expanding and spreading

I'm not so sure about that. I doubt that the shipping companies are going to bother looking that closely. Further, I do not think the Postal Service, as a quasi federal agency, is bound by state shipping laws.
I said the same thing five years ago when this started. Ask someone who lives there.

as far as the boxes go... I am juat going on what others have said, that the Laidsi and P&C boxes get dinged when reshipped. I have no first hand knowledge, just passing along what I’ve read on here.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Other good ideas. The USPS employees seem barely motivated enough to show up for work. I don't see one of them making extra work for themselves because they suspect the box may contain tobacco. And is it illegal to ship a friend tobacco or is the illegality when a retailer ships the tobacco? Regardless, I wouldn't take any chances. The boxes could be fixed with some masking or shipping tape in a couple of minutes.

Reactions: saintpeter

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
As to the constitution, it, and the Bill of Rights, was designed to limit Federal powers. Not necessarily State powers. State's have long held such powers, some just use them more extensively than others.

Yes, of course...but the 10th Amendment was being discussed here in relation to the pending federal prohibition on internet sales...not the WA state issue.

As for WA state, or any others like it...the best solution IMO is don't live there.

saintpeter

Lifer
May 20, 2017
at least until an admin tells us differently.
I fear that an Admin or Mod chiming in would not be a happy thing. As much as they might agree with the ideas proposed I am very sure the site could in no way condone or support it. As for me I will say the issues that brought it all up has opened my eyes and I am now cellaring the ? out of anything and everything I can get my hands on, whether it is something I am partial to or not.

The USPS employees seem barely motivated enough to show up for work.
While it is funny, and it supports folks that hate that the mail is federal... it isn't exactly the way things are. My step brother works for the USPC, and he and his friends are pretty hardcore workers. You walk into one of those sorting centers, and you are walking into a well oiled machine of people and equipment working in perfect choreography. And, it is the automation that usually pings things like boxes, especially if a portion of a barcode is left exposed.

But as to exactly why a box from a tobacco retailer would get dinged, I am not 100% sure. I can ask my step brother, but I am afraid that it might bring attention to it if it isn't already an attention thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.