PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my parts, the USPS is the most reliable delivery service available
Tell me about it, UPS and Fed Ex just seems to deliver things to people maybe sort of like me, instead of directly to me. And, if I ever have to go pick up a UPS package at their hub, I've got to drive an hour away into a ghetto and I get treated like a prisoner of war, complete with head games and torture. If I don't have USPO as an option, I just don't buy it, because I know that I will never actually get the thing.
Oh USPO has its problems, but at least I actually get my packages... at my house. Convenient as hell.

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
In my parts, the USPS is the most reliable delivery service available by a huge margin.

Love the service, just can't abide GOING to the office for any reason. The staff at my PO, take great enjoyment out of making people wait and jump through hoops.

It’s a little PO out in the country (especially 20 years ago when we moved here) where I am. They’re always super friendly and helpful... so far...

(Now I’ve got that old Doors tune, “Love Street” in my head lol).

Like anything, it’s usually a mixed bag ??‍♂️

canadianpuffer

Can't Leave
Oct 8, 2017
Man it is kinda entertaining to watch others react to what is a daily reality for us canucks. We can’t order from P&C, it’s illegal to ship tobacco across provincial lines, and what little local availability is - costs about $50+ 13% sales tax. We do have solid vendors that give us options like SP.com which I am eternally Thankful for. Just have to budget extra for the duties imposed.
To our American cousins, the end is nye! And trust me it sucks!

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Yes, of course...but the 10th Amendment was being discussed here in relation to the pending federal prohibition on internet sales...not the WA state issue.

As for WA state, or any others like it...the best solution IMO is don't live there.
It’s Washington State, you have to stop the intrusion there. Good Luck, though, anymore content added and it gets political.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Not sure if this would be a solution, but why not USPS "General Delivery" to a post office in Oregon. People without permanent addresses , travelers, long distance backpackers (supplies) etc. use this service. You just mail the package to yourself:
NAME
GENERAL DELIVERY
CITY STATE ZIP

Then you go and pick it up.
Here's a link: USPS.com FAQs - https://faq.usps.com/s/article/What-is-General-Delivery

I think this is an option unless I'm missing something.

jojoc

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 10, 2019
I've always thought it odd that weed is legal in Washington but heaven help you if you order tobacco...

Although I am sure that the power that be would disagree with this, but I believe it is as much about taxation as anything. Pot is legal in WA in part so that the state can tax the sale of pot. There are restrictions on the shipment of alcohol and tobacco because they are subject to significant taxation at the state level. Internet/mail order undermines said tax collection.

They can talk about "saving kids" all they want, but in the end it is taxation revenue/collection that drives much of this.

Reactions: chopper and BROBS
Man it is kinda entertaining to watch others react to what is a daily reality for us canucks. We can’t order from P&C, it’s illegal to ship tobacco across provincial lines, and what little local availability is - costs about $50+ 13% sales tax. We do have solid vendors that give us options like SP.com which I am eternally Thankful for. Just have to budget extra for the duties imposed.
To our American cousins, the end is nye! And trust me it sucks!

You know, when you really think about it, ALL of these issues we are bitchin' about are most definitely THIRD WORLD PROBLEMS.

IOW

It could be a lot worse. We could be talking about lack of food or clean water.... puffy

Peter Peachfuzz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 23, 2019
Central Ohio
There are some real bad ideas in this thread. Using your CC or PayPal with a WA state address? Remember it's usually the taxman that gets the bad guys. Your safest bet would a road trip and using cash. The other option would be drop funds into his PayPal then once he has the order road trip!

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
You know, when you really think about it, ALL of these issues we are bitchin' about are most definitely THIRD WORLD PROBLEMS.

Didn't you mean to say "first world problems"?

Q: How do you turn a first world country into a third world country?

A: Allow control freaks to strangle the life out of everything.

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
I wish I started pipe smoking a few years ago. Won't have enough time to cellar much of anything by the looks of it. Anyone optimistic about at least another year or two of online purchasing?

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
The hell of it is, they will let you have it shipped to ya then Tax the piss out of it! Starting that shit in Ohio! I'm PISSED...?

Reactions: saintpeter
Status
Not open for further replies.