PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
I did 13 years the U.S. Army Infantry ( multiple combat deployments) and have spent the last 24 working in a State prison. Violence, unfortunately, has out of necessity become a way of life for me. Not because I look for it or enjoy it, simply due to circumstances and occupational choices. That being said, I never threaten anybody. If the situation warrants it I simply act. Like they say in the joint " Don't talk about it, BE about it". Oh, and I LOVE coffee!

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
tschiraldi, thanks for your service, and I'll say especially in the prison system. I was a journalist for 15 years and did a long series on COs, spending a week of shifts inside with them. When those doors clang shut, they CLANG. . . Shut.
And even knowing that you are going to be allowed to leave does not mean you aren't locked inside.
My family was all cops, and we all used to say that COs had it worse, since literally EVERYONE they encountered was a certified bad guy -- whereas, on the job, it was only 50%.
Your work environment is a good example of what I'm on about in my long post above. Prison is not a place where you trash talk casually. Every utterence is a check you had better be willing to cash.
To stay in the theme of the thread, I offer this:
"The most anxious man in prison is the governor." George Bernard Shaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.