PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Fiddlepiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 22, 2020
Scotland
www.danielthorpemusic.com
Well I would say I'm immoral, but that would be immoral.

By the way, soft drugs like weed and magic mushrooms are by no means legal in Holland. The government and law enforcement are allowing it, but it is state regulated, the produce is produced by the state, distributed and sold at heavily controlled shops. There are voices to legalize it to pull the sting out of organized crime, but it will never get that far for at least the coming 4 years as the majority still is a bit more conservative as you might think in our political arena. But yes, paying for hookers is legal.
Surely not paying for hookers is robbery?

jei64822

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 13, 2020
As title, Denmark is no longer allowed to show pictures of tobacco products. So browsing danish tobacco stores just became alot more boring, with danishpipeshop being one of the best examples.

wow, that is now one depressing site

Reactions: timelord

Ethan

Can't Leave
Feb 15, 2021
Massachusetts, USA
At least it only applies to the tobacco so far. I checked the pipe section in case you were expected to buy those blind too....still plenty of pics there.

marconi

May 17, 2019
England
Denmark is one of my favourite countries to visit. Your folk musicians are excellent and drink like us Scots. Some excellent times there.
I went through Denmark as part of a European cycle tour very nice country and people. A friend intended taking the same cycle route as me after I told him of my experiences. He never got further than Denmark met a girl and became a Danish citizen and remains there today with his EU passport, bastard!

Reactions: Casual

Fiddlepiper

Apr 22, 2020
Scotland
www.danielthorpemusic.com
I went through Denmark as part of a European cycle tour very nice country and people. A friend intended taking the same cycle route as me after I told him of my experiences. He never got further than Denmark met a girl and became a Danish citizen and remains there today with his EU passport, bastard!
Sounds like a wise man. I’ve been there to tour quite a few times as well as to a few of the folk festivals around. Very fond memories. Hope to get over there again soon.

Reactions: marconi

PortugalPipe

Lurker
Aug 14, 2021
Viseu, Portugal
Well.. indeed the situation changed with Estervals and I have not followed the policies of other online retailers. Well stocked for now, and just picked up 2 parcels that I had ordered in Germany and that Family was holding for me.
we are criminals... it's just like traffic toilet paper like the people in RDA used to do until 1989...

Reactions: JOHN72

PortugalPipe

Lurker
Aug 14, 2021
Viseu, Portugal
Beautiful country. My Sister married a Dane and lived in Hillerod til she passed. Loved visiting. Wonderful people.
Many things all over the world changing though. I personally disagree with most.
Sorry, not in the world. Just in "ocidental democracies" like USA, UE and Canadá. The rest of the world continues normal...

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Sorry, not in the world. Just in "ocidental democracies" like USA, UE and Canadá. The rest of the world continues normal...
"I live in Portugal and it has been almost impossible to find an online store that sells to my country."

Seems to be affecting you as well. If a butterfly flaps its wings.....

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I might have already said this on this post. I am not looking through right now. But I feel like laws like this are basically credit stealing. They wait until tobacco is becoming less popular and less wide spread. Then when those numbers continue to drop (before they start going back up again) as they are naturally inclined to do the politicians can point to the laws they passed on that time line and say we deserve some credit for this. There is even a specific name for laws of this sort I forget the name, but if there is a name it means I am not the only person who sees it.
They can say tobacco use fell an additional percent after we passed these laws, or tobacco use fell to the lowest rate it's been since (they found tobacco) after we passed these laws.
The most common example of these types of laws are putting up more stringent or punitive laws after crime has peaked and starts to fall. You know ever since we passed that law crime has been dropping (like it naturally does even if we don't do anything new).

Reactions: PortugalPipe

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Well I would say I'm immoral, but that would be immoral.

By the way, soft drugs like weed and magic mushrooms are by no means legal in Holland. The government and law enforcement are allowing it, but it is state regulated, the produce is produced by the state, distributed and sold at heavily controlled shops. There are voices to legalize it to pull the sting out of organized crime, but it will never get that far for at least the coming 4 years as the majority still is a bit more conservative as you might think in our political arena. But yes, paying for hookers is legal.
I am going to break some rules sorry mods.
I've been told by people in Holland that those drugs are illegal but the official stance is to make those laws unenforceable except in very specific circumstances.
This is the part that might get me in trouble. Their tolerance towards soft drugs seems to have reduced the usage rates among people who live there. Where as in France where soft drugs are classified the same as hard drugs, France also has the highest rate of pot smokers in Europe (last time I checked). Basically if you can't get in trouble somehow suddenly it's not so cool.

Reactions: smudgersmissingleg

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I am going to break some rules sorry mods.
I've been told by people in Holland that those drugs are illegal but the official stance is to make those laws unenforceable except in very specific circumstances.
This is the part that might get me in trouble. Their tolerance towards soft drugs seems to have reduced the usage rates among people who live there. Where as in France where soft drugs are classified the same as hard drugs, France also has the highest rate of pot smokers in Europe (last time I checked). Basically if you can't get in trouble somehow suddenly it's not so cool.
Some are driven by wanting what they can't have, but the want is driven down by availability.