PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

heyeveryone

Lurker
Apr 8, 2019
As title, Denmark is no longer allowed to show pictures of tobacco products. So browsing danish tobacco stores just became alot more boring, with danishpipeshop being one of the best examples.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Not to be outdone some government somewhere is probably drafting a new law making it unlawful to think about how tobacco looks. Actually imagining how it smells or tastes will be fined heavily and for those foolish enough to actually smoke the stuff, well let’s just say it won’t work out so great for them....

WINNING! ?

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Good sign. Why would I think it's a good sign? They're trying to keep their cake and eat it too. They're trying to show the appearance of doing something without risking the loss of revenue. Notice they're not trying to stop anyone from buying tobacco but they are trying to avoid the enticement of buying tobacco, which is a different thing. A attitude of if you want to go for it but don't say I told you too.

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)
At the same time you can legally buy online from neighbouring Germany for 30-50% less (if you live in DK), so I guess not that many people even buy tobacco in DK anymore (except for some blends who are not exported.. like the "my own blend" brand).
That's the only thing good on the EU, free traffic of goods.... Same with this rule, in the Netherlands we have the same. Cigs and shag (a lot of ppl still roll their own with rollingpaper, yeah I know what yall thinking off ?) are sold on plain gray packing and sold from closed cabinets. I have a pouche of pipe tobacco with the new tax sticker and it still has recognisable marking, seems pipe tobacco is still out of this policy. One thing that is improved is that cigar stores now sell their goods with a picture of how long the cigar is and ringgauge, makes it a lot easier to browse instead of useless box pictures.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Pretty interesting Anne Julie that they have at the Danish Pipe Shop:

Sucks about the pictures, but they can still list names.

Secret agent man,
Secret agent man,
They've given you a number,
And taken away your name.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
We’ve got this in Canada. No pictures, and no display, period. It’s got to be in lockers.

The next step is that you have to ask for it in hushed tones, look suspiciously behind you before asking, and all transactions must be made in the alley behind the store.
The password is "swordfish".

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
As title, Denmark is no longer allowed to show pictures of tobacco products. So browsing danish tobacco stores just became alot more boring, with danishpipeshop being one of the best examples.

Sorry to report that The Land of Oz is waaaay ahead of the pack here !
Wish they are that much ahead in other areas that DO matter