PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

danish

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 12, 2017
Denmark
Sexual immorality and drugs are fine in Denmark. But smoke a bowl of tobacco ......... That's one phukked up country. We're looking at our future if something isn't done.
Thanks for your concern for our little state of Denmark and I agree that the future doesn't look too bright for us pipe smoking dinosaurs anywhere. But if you come to visit us here, you can
still legally buy and then smoke your pipe tobacco and even enjoy an alcoholic beverage, while sitting outside at most pavement-cafés, looking at the more or less moral people strolling by, You can then go to the opera or a striptease show, as you wish. But people are still put in jail for selling 'drugs' here.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Thanks for your concern for our little state of Denmark and I agree that the future doesn't look too bright for us pipe smoking dinosaurs anywhere. But if you come to visit us here, you can
still legally buy and then smoke your pipe tobacco and even enjoy an alcoholic beverage, while sitting outside at most pavement-cafés, looking at the more or less moral people strolling by, You can then go to the opera or a striptease show, as you wish. But people are still put in jail for selling 'drugs' here.
He might have been confusing Denmark with Holland. ?

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
But where's the sexual immorality? That the most fun kind of immorality.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Beautiful country. My Sister married a Dane and lived in Hillerod til she passed. Loved visiting. Wonderful people.
Many things all over the world changing though. I personally disagree with most.

Jan 30, 2020
New Jersey
I heard NYPD isn't allowed to interfere with pot smokers on the street any more. We might be there already. I wonder if beer cans can come out of brown bags now..
I was just discussing the new NY ruling last night with someone. The rules as currently written allow public marijuana smoking anywhere cigarettes are also permitted. You can't drive under the influence but there's no kits currently available for field testing so there's no enforcement control like alcohol. They kind of shoved it through approval without figuring out how to enforce any of the restrictions. At the moment, it's kind of do what you want until they figure that second part out.

Reactions: bullet08

autumnfog

Lifer
Jul 22, 2018
Sweden
Still more liberal than Sweden.

Smoking on restaurant pavements are prohibited everywhere.
People are raving upset about smelling smoke from neighbors smoking on their own balconies.
Yet at the same time many, at least younger people, want to legalize cannabis because of
the cannabis lobby's propaganda in popular culture, hiphop, tv shows and so forth.
They are led into thinking cannabis is some kind of harmless oregano and won't listen when informed on factual risks.

We are living in the era of postmodernism and post-truth where facts and opinions are mixed haphazardly.

Sorry for the rant.

Last edited:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
People have to vent their moral energy somewhere, apropos of other peoples' behavior. Now their own behavior, whatever it may be, is a different matter. Wherever they/I cross the line, that is to be politely ignored. Tobacco's the goat these days, since sex and weed aren't. Gotta fix up the loose morals of the neighbors for sure, and it's a full time job. That's why celebrities are so important; you've got to watch those people like a hawk.

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)
He might have been confusing Denmark with Holland. ?
Well I would say I'm immoral, but that would be immoral.

By the way, soft drugs like weed and magic mushrooms are by no means legal in Holland. The government and law enforcement are allowing it, but it is state regulated, the produce is produced by the state, distributed and sold at heavily controlled shops. There are voices to legalize it to pull the sting out of organized crime, but it will never get that far for at least the coming 4 years as the majority still is a bit more conservative as you might think in our political arena. But yes, paying for hookers is legal.

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian