PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

STP

Lifer
Sep 8, 2020
Northeast USA
Well, we still have Prince and Dylan thank god!

Ha. I wish we still had:

Chris Cornell- Soundgarden
Layne Staley- Alice In Chains
Kurt Cobain- Nirvana
Scott Weiland- Stone Temple Pilots
Shannon Hoon- Blind Melon
Andrew Wood- Mother Love Bone/Peal Jam/Temple of the Dog
Bradley Nowell- Sublime
Chester Bennington- Linkin Park/STP

etc, eTc, ETC... Alt/Grunge as taken a colossal hit. We were just discussing this topic in another thread. All sorely missed ?

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I was in the doctor's office, reading and waiting. I read where Lincoln was killed! Have they caught the scoundrel?

We do all realize that, the longer we live, the shorter our list of living heroes becomes. No sense lamenting the situation, it is what it is.

I wish a new "starcat" would appear. Today's mods wouldn't let him exist long though. Much less tolerant of the "oddballs." "starcat" was a great one for providing a bit of humor. Some of the members even took him seriously ... waaaay toooo seriously. But, that was the element that made "starcat's" treads so much fun. Without "straightmen" he wouldn't have achieved the notoriety he did.

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
I heard Bowie was bi' (no big deal) but I never heard about the pedo stuff. Hmm.

He did state that he was bi in an interview back in the 70’s, whether it was true, or just marketing remains speculation. He was a bit a curiosity back then. Controversy and showmanship - look at what Alice Cooper was doing back then. But it sold records.

The whole Pedo thing came out after his death. And I suspect that Lori Maddix was just capitalizing on his death by saying she lost her virginity at 15 to him so she could have her 15 minutes of fame. As far as I know there has never proven to be any substance to her claims.

Jan 27, 2020
He did state that he was bi in an interview back in the 70’s, whether it was true, or just marketing remains speculation. He was a bit a curiosity back then. Controversy and showmanship - look at what Alice Cooper was doing back then. But it sold records.

The whole Pedo thing came out after his death. And I suspect that Lori Maddix was just capitalizing on his death by saying she lost her virginity at 15 to him so she could have her 15 minutes of fame. As far as I know there has never proven to be any substance to her claims.

Not defending anyone’s behavior but Bowie was onky around 26 at the time. Anyway, considering he just died let him Rest In Peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.