PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
George Harrison died in 2001.
George didn't die, his soul just left his body........................

Never slept so little
Never smoked so much
Lost my concentration, I could
Even lose my touch
Talking to myself
Crying out loud
Only I can hear me, I'm
Stuck inside a cloud
I played some exhibition
I lost my will to eat
The only thing that matters to me is
To touch your lotus feet
Talking to myself
Crying out loud
Only I can hear me, I'm
Stuck inside a cloud
Talking to myself
Crying out loud
Only I can hear me, I'm
Stuck inside a cloud
Talking to myself
Crying out loud
Only I can hear me, I'm
Stuck inside a cloud
Never been so crazy
But I've never felt so sure
I wish I had the answer to give
Don't even have the cure
Just, talking to myself
Crying as we part
Knowing as you leave me, I
Also lose my heart
Talking to myself
I'm crying as we part
Knowing as you leave me, I
Also lose my heart

Reactions: brian64 and Kottan

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I remember talking to a hippie after Jerry died and they said "why did Jerry die?" I couldn't help myself when I said "yeah a diabetic over weight junky what could have done him in?"
One wants to be compassionate and lament his passing. But within compassion and within love we must also say what need be said, otherwise we invalidate love by denying the truth of the man. If we eulogize, we have to paint both sides of the fence, that is if we decide to paint at all.

Reactions: anotherbob

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
One wants to be compassionate and lament his passing. But within compassion and within love we must also say what need be said, otherwise we invalidate love by denying the truth of the man. If we eulogize, we have to paint both sides of the fence, that is if we decide to paint at all.
The thing is all the bad things Jerry did where really to himself and his own health. I just hope he really enjoyed the activities he did, cause I'd rather live a short worthwhile life then a long and useless one.

Having had a college roommate that ended up running the local music theater, and then went on to run the entertainment union for the state, I've had the opportunity to hang out with and be around a lot of famous people. Still today, he will call me up to see if I am interested in meeting David Leno or Steve Martin, or Spielberg is filming in town. He just runs in those circle... I just happen to be lucky.

But, most of the most famous musicians I've met, are people that are self centered and total dickheads to the people who make them what they are. I mean, more than just a little artistic ego, I mean... I wouldn't cry over their dead bodies sort of self-centered ego-ness. It really ruined fandom for me. I could never be a fan. I mean, I really like some artists work, but as far as crying over their dead bodies... not really.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
But, most of the most famous musicians I've met, are people that are self centered and total dickheads to the people who make them what they are. I mean, more than just a little artistic ego, I mean... I wouldn't cry over their dead bodies sort of self-centered ego-ness. It really ruined fandom for me. I could never be a fan. I mean, I really like some artists work, but as far as crying over their dead bodies... not really.
Seems a little vague. Could you tell us how you REALLY feel??

Status
Not open for further replies.