corporations drug screening for nicotine.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I see no fine line. To exploit a situation correctly one needs to be a pragmatist. A pragmatist acts whereas an apathetic person simply accepts and carries on as best as he can. Exploitation is not, in and of itself, a bad thing. The term is used quite often though as a pejorative by some who are apathetic, judgmental and/or, most likely, a bit jealous of others successes.
Nothing wrong with dealing in weapons as long as the laws are adhered to. Some might view such a vendor with distaste because of underlying beliefs, but the trade is legal and necessary (He wrote pragmatically). That's a prejudice only the individual can deal with. An illegal arms dealer is another bird. Certainly a pragmatic person may be a criminal but, one shouldn't paint with too broad a brush.

4etecjonathan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 16, 2015
We FREELY gave our personal liberties away after 9/11!!! Every Govt. Agency can now control us and does. We now live in a free society with few if any personal right's left to us. Who gives a damn if we smoke tobacco,does it impair our driving,thoughts or actions? We are becoming ostracized by the media as walking and breathing public health hazards,when is it going to stop??? Don't think that BIG BROTHER isn't watching you and what and if you smoke.
Jon

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
So after all of the ranting, let's go back to the beginning of this thread:
Distressing? In what way? One usually agrees to such when accepting employment. If one can't abide the rules then one should seek employment with an entity that doesn't not have such rules or labor agreement.
That's the bottom line.
Freedom entails responsibility, something that many "freedom" ranters apparently do not either appreciate, recognize or support. Don't like a policy? File a complaint, file a lawsuit if you have grounds, go elsewhere, or create your own job, be your own boss, and work as an independent. In other words, take responsibility for your positions and take appropriate action. Rants are for toddlers.

oldmannk

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 11, 2014
Right freedom isn't free and requires work and conviction along with dedication

plugugly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2015
But Warren, smokers DO take responsibility! The tobacco taxes we pay more than pays for our care IF it wasn't misappropriated by our government(stats prove this from Canada)for every darn fool thing any pol wants to fund. Our problem is we are taxed then taxed again, by private industry, in the form of insurance premiums. Then to add insult to injury they take our jobs away and call us dirty names too!
Plugugly

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
We now live in a free society with few if any personal right's left to us. Who gives a damn if we smoke tobacco,does it impair our driving,thoughts or actions? We are becoming ostracized by the media as walking and breathing public health hazards,when is it going to stop??? Don't think that BIG BROTHER isn't watching you and what and if you smoke.

LoL! Say What? Within a mile I could buy all the cigarettes, cigars, RYO, crew and pipe tobacco I could ever smoke in a lifetime and nobody from the government would care. 8O

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
The media is ostracizing us? The media? The media cannot do such a thing. As a smoker you can read, watch and listen to any of the media you wish, when you wish. People can ostracize and do. You, if you feel ostracized, can change if you resent being shunned for anti-social behavior. Or, you can seek different associations where your behavior is acceptable. You could join a pipe forum or even a pipe club. Perhaps you could form a club which admitted only pipe smokers thereby ostracizing non-smokers.
The media? I still can't get my head around that one.
plugugly: Smoking is a choice, you choose to smoke and pay the attendant taxes. No one forced you or me to take up smoking and shoulder the additional tax load. It was a choice we both made freely. I knew the consequences. Perhaps you didn't. Now you do. Now your choice is; do you keep smoking or reduce your tax burden? Your choice!
Complaining about the consequences from a choice you made is simply absurd. Particularly true when you can rethink the choice and quit if the discomfort is so great. Another choice available is to organize as much support as you can to fight new taxes and reduce the ones currently enforce. Good luck with that!

carbonmated

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 5, 2015
Don't think that BIG BROTHER isn't watching you and what and if you smoke.
Thank GOD they are only looking for my pipes, I can finally dig up my ammo cans out by the pool..... :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.