PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

saintpeter

Lifer
May 20, 2017
Okay, I wasn't much worried about it until every news station and public official told me not to panic. I picked up N95 masks before the price gouging began. I am stocked up on coffee, food and tobacco. Still got a couple hundred rounds of ammo. Pretty much the norm for me. (I came from Montana and was a survivalist before it became a fad.)

My question is this...is anybody else concerned?

I can't help but think of the 1914-1918 flu. Hit 25% of the world's population (about 500 million people sick) and took out 50 million.

Reactions: chopper and Casual

donjgiles

Lifer
Apr 14, 2018
Natural order of things, always happens in the 20s.
The 20s, which, historically, seems to be the time for a pandemic. The Spanish Flu in the 1920s, Cholera 1820s, and an outbreak of the Plague in 1720s. Unless of course this was created in some lab to thin out the population...
:)

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
You still wanna be buying those 'estates' off ewwBay? Still wanna 'save money' by buying from Aliexpress?

Not too trusting of the Wiki, but their advice on Prevention does look sound: Coronavirus Prevention.

I'd avoid clinics and hospitals for the time being unless you really, really need to go.

Prognosis depends on many factors, starting with individuals' idiosyncrasies, pre-existing conditions, habits, &c. Who knows? Maybe smoking is a defence barrier. ?

Reactions: jpmcwjr and BROBS

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
ummmmm who is this guy?
View attachment 20815
LOL. Yeah, I wouldn't see who'd be wearing that kind of mustache nowadays, but maybe in Asia or countries where the Corporal from Hell has never been too much of a big deal. Funny thing, that kind of mustache came about and became popular in World War One because it was the one mustache soldiers could wear that didn't interfere with the seal of their gas masks. History comes full circle (although History is more of a spiral, actually. You know, like the spiral water makes in a toilet.)

Reactions: Casual and BROBS
Status
Not open for further replies.