Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Sep 18, 2015
I’m more than satisfied with mine, it does okay on the porch and great inside. I use a bic in the truck and at work. Mines Crome so I don’t know how the black finis holds up.

SmokeClouds

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 7, 2019
New York
Mine has proved to be an excellent lighter. Been using it for about 8 years now without a single issue. Have a few more Corona lighters and they all work great. Very happy with them.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

pipingfool

Can't Leave
Sep 29, 2016
Seattle, WA
I bought a Kiribi Kabuto "Old Boy Style" lighter in a silver finish several years ago. Best lighter I've ever had.

The silver finish is starting to patina very nicely. I don't think it's sterling, but it looks really nice regardless.

I smoke outdoors on my deck and I never really have an issue getting it to light unless the wind is really bad.

If I'm fishing or on a golf course, then a Bic is my choice.

vorvick

Lurker
Feb 14, 2014
Old Boy, chrome finish, user here. Had it for years, love it, and it is part of why I enjoy smoking my pipe. I smoke outside exclusively (except when it rains, i'm in an open garage). When wind is a problem I I figure out a way to make it work.

Reactions: jpmcwjr
May 9, 2021
Geoje Island South Korea
If I remember right, they were tight on parts about a year+ ago. Something about pipe flame replacements for Dunhill's not being made anymore. I could be wrong as I did not pay that much attention because all my lighters are Dupont's. Ask them- ARS & Elegant Lighters - https://lighterrepairs.com/
Thanks Buckaroo, I'll check them out.
I've been searching the web myself for replacement parts, but they're like rocking horse $h1t! there's the after market seal kits available, but that about sums it up.
Thanks, Honkytonk Man.

Mr_houston

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2020
Texas
I’ve got the black Matt finish. The finish is durable, but does wear over time. Some of the edges and high points rub get rubbed. You may or may not like the look. It’s hard to show it in a picture.

0B8582CC-8389-44AD-A84F-1B919F4DF49A.jpeg

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
If I remember right, they were tight on parts about a year+ ago. Something about pipe flame replacements for Dunhill's not being made anymore. I could be wrong as I did not pay that much attention because all my lighters are Dupont's. Ask them- ARS & Elegant Lighters - https://lighterrepairs.com/
I have and they are out of the Dunhill angled pipe burners. I wish someone could reverse engineer them, make a batch and get them to the lower price repair guys.

MacMarty89

Can't Leave
Dec 8, 2021
Greater Eindhoven Area, Netherlands
I have used an Old Boy for at least ten years. It has always been reliable. The only thing that speaks for an Old Boy is the built-in tamper (never used it), Dunhill-inspired design and the quality. Is an Old Boy worth the price? I think so. Are there alternatives that work just as fine or better? Yes. I have migrated to a Zippo because the flame is larger and works outdoors. I like the simplicity of a Zippo. And when you hang around with friends, they at least know how to operate the thing. With the Old Boy, I always have to explain to them how to light it.

46E82192-2A90-4BF1-9A83-04806E2FB4EA.jpeg

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I still own 2 Old Boy's but they are sitting in a drawer. I now use the IM Corona Pipemaster that has an electronic ignition, a bigger fuel tank and a longer tamper than my Old Boy's.
Here are my Pipemasters.

I have 2 of these as I lost it, ordered another and then found the first one.

I have 5 of these, one for each kid and one for myself. There was a huge sale I couldn't pass up.