PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Damn sounds like it's just the 3 of us. A few months ago we had more interested but I guess things change.

doverpipes

Might Stick Around
Jan 8, 2011
I'm game. Who's in?

Bryan rolled out the "red carpet" for us at Big Buddha. If anyone is serious, please sound off now! I did the leg work already. I just need to know if I should bother with going further with the idea of a group / club. I don't want to have Bryan spending money on any supplies if nobody is interested in going. Fair is fair. He made us a good offer and I thought there would be more interest by now.
PS: Fitzy, I'll be at the "Hudson River Craft Beer Festival" on Sat 9/21. If you want to meet up for a smoke and meet some members of the "Hudson Valley Pipe Club"(HVPC). I'll be there with the club's President and a few other members. PM if you are interested in going........

http://www.hudsonrivercraftbeerfestival.com/

lincolnsbark

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2013
I am very interested but live up north in Enfield while I am at school. If the day and time work with my schedule I will definitely come down though!

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Anyone else?
Sean I'd love to go to the Hudson River Craft Beer Festival and have a pipe but unfortunately I'm leaving for Baltimore Saturday morning and won't be back until Sunday evening. We'll have to meet up another time for a pipe.
I'm hoping we can get a few more for the club.

rayje589

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2012
Don't check the forms often. I'm in the manchester area so that's a bit of a drive for me. My only free days for now are thursday and friday. While I am interested I do not think I'd be able to attend any... except very rarely.

drzarkov

Lurker
Aug 29, 2013
Sean,
Thanks for this link. Seems like you may make this work. I would love to come to a meet-up at Big Buddha.
DZ

doverpipes

Might Stick Around
Jan 8, 2011
Now that the holidays have passed and the days are long and colder, does anyone have any interest in doing a meet up in Connecticut at Big Buddha? If you want another venue, please sound off. I will say, the legwork was done for Big Buddha already and they were keen on having us.........

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
I'm in Cheshire, and I have no idea where Big Buddha is, but since I'm the guy who started this thread, I would express an interest and would probably show up. After all Connecticut is fairly small--drive very far, and you're in another state.

doverpipes

Might Stick Around
Jan 8, 2011
Still trying to make this happen!

The Fall is right around the corner and it will be fine "smoking weather" outside.

If a State Park is more your speed, maybe we can have an outdoor session........

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
Nice try, but we should still be in a place with restrooms, food, drink, etc. I can have 3 or 4 over in my man cave, but it isn't large enough to accommodate more than that.

gphenry

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 5, 2014
Shelton checking in. Saw a fine gent strolling the streets of Essex yesterday enjoying a nice billiard yesterday. Yes there are pipers in CT.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
OK, guys, it seems we've been batting this topic around ever since I started this thread, two years ago, and have gotten absolutely nowhere. So here's what I propose: a planning meeting of six of us who will serve as the steering committee to get things going. We'll lay out a few agenda items, discuss venues, formats, and in general just brainstorm the issue. We'll meet on my back deck, (that's why attendance is limited to six of us) I'll provide some snacks, we can smoke a bowl --and since we'll be outside, SWMBO won't be upset at half a dozen clowns smoking up her house. The time will be next Saturday, August 30, from 2-4 PM. If you can make it, great--I'll provide the address to the first five guys/gals who PM me. Attendance is limited to the first five who PM me and commit to coming. I live in Cheshire, so that's fairly central in Connecticut. Heck, if you drive for more than an hour, you're in another state! Anyway, this should help get the ball rolling. Looking forward to hearing from you.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
So here's the final take on my brilliant idea: not one Connecticut pipe smoker contacted me expressing an interest in getting it going, so I guess this really is a closed subject for the time being.

doverpipes

Might Stick Around
Jan 8, 2011
I'd be there but like I said, I got stuck with the Holiday Weekend Detail at work.

ARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.