PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

piper86

Lurker
May 1, 2013
Brand Cigars on Rt 25 in Newtown sells pipes and pipe tobacco. Selection is limited and I have been asking the owner to carry more pipe tobacco.

piper86

Lurker
May 1, 2013
Chief Catoonah in Bridgeport also sells tobacco online. Or give the chief a call and pick up at his Bridgeport location. Great guy and really good hose blends.

doverpipes

Might Stick Around
Jan 8, 2011
piper86: "Chief Catoonah in Bridgeport also sells tobacco online. Or give the chief a call and pick up at his Bridgeport location. Great guy and really good hose blends".
Dick Silverman aka "Chief Catoonah" is a longtime member of the Hudson Valley Pipe Club.

He is a font of tobacco / pipe knowledge. He knows me quite well......

I am privileged to know him and very lucky to get to spend time with him each month at our club meetings.
PS: For those of you who don't know about Chief Catoonah, his tobaccos are sublime! (Princes Street Mixture & Bailey's Supreme are my current #1 choices.)

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Once again I'll mention if someone is willing to do the work, I'd would come if it was a reasonable distance from the Greenwich area (I'm in northern Westchester)
Allan

doverpipes

Might Stick Around
Jan 8, 2011
Allan: Any interest in HVPC? Want to meet up for a smoke?

Meetings are not that far from N. Westchester BTW.
PS: I'm originally from Yorktown.

doverpipes

Might Stick Around
Jan 8, 2011
Just an update: I have decided to "take the bull by the horns" and I have reached out to "Big Buddha" about hosting a pipe club once a month. I will let everyone know what happens as soon as I hear back from them in regards to my proposal. Wish me luck.......

doverpipes

Might Stick Around
Jan 8, 2011
Update on the Update: Big Buddha is interested! I will be heading over there this weekend to talk about the details. They have been thinking about this since I originally contacted them way back when they were just starting out. The time may be right for them now. Wish me luck!

doverpipes

Might Stick Around
Jan 8, 2011
The owner was on vacation. He missed my messages and we didn't meet up. I will try to get together with him on my next day off. Hopefully, our schedules will finally match up. Once it is done, I will post the results. He seems very receptive thus far, I hope we can get something going very soon. Wish me luck!

kekron

Lurker
Sep 4, 2013
Greetings from Naugatuck!
Has there been any progress on this? I talked to Big Buddha today and he is still interested.

doverpipes

Might Stick Around
Jan 8, 2011
Life & work got in the way! HA HA HA!!! (Hard to believe I'd let those things get in the way of pipe smoking....Yeah, I know, I know.)
I was playing phone / e-mail "tag" with the owner.

He is very interested in doing something.

If anyone wants to go this weekend, I will be heading over there. Just let me know, so I can get the owner to be there for when we show up. I don't want to show up without letting him know that we are coming. Once I have an idea as to who (and how many folks are interested), we'll set a day and time this weekend.
How does that sound to everyone? Suggestions are always welcome!
Sean aka "DoverPipes"

doverpipes

Might Stick Around
Jan 8, 2011
I will be heading over between 7-8PM tonight to speak to the owner of Big Buddha. This was the only time we could get our schedules to line up. The shop will be open until 11PM, so if you fellas have nothing going on after dinner, grab your pipes and some tobacco and meet me at: "Big Buddha Cigar Lounge" 27 Hawleyville Rd Newtown, CT 06470.
I hope to speak to the owner about the viability of regularly hosting a club and / or having Big Buddha sponsor a "Pipe Night" (To allow enough people to get a chance to come by and discuss a possible club formation), either way, CT / Eastern New York Area will now have a chance of having a pipe club / group of its' own.
Hope to see you there.

PS: My name is Sean and I'll be the guy with glasses wearing green tactical shorts and a polo shirt (So,you won't have trouble spotting me!!! HA HA HA!!!!)

doverpipes

Might Stick Around
Jan 8, 2011
Meeting was a great success!

If CT wants a club, then we can have it at Big Buddha!!!

Small steps first, but the conversation was great. The Owner. Bryan, wants new people to come around and see what Big Buddha is all about and what it has to offer. He is willing to host a meeting / get together each month. He is willing to charge a very small "user fee" for access to the lounge. The days discussed this evening were most likely, Tuesday or a Wednesday. The actual day will have to be decided on based on interest and how many people are actually serious about going. The lounge is very spacious with several different areas to meet and smoke. We will have an area all to ourselves for our meetings!
The property sits on six acres and has a patio area as well as an area outside with a fire pit! You can BYOB or pay a small fee (to cover the cost only, no "sales" per se) for beer, soft drinks, and a limited selection of spirits. You can also bring in food or have it delivered.
The pipe selection is modest. The tobacco selection as of right now, is "Spartan" to say the least! Altadis / Sutliff "Private Stock" and some bargain bags of OTC. The owner is willing to stock higher quality / brand name pipe tobacco and accessories some time down the road, provided there is an actual interest.
We can make this happen fellas, only if you want it to happen. What say you?
https://www.facebook.com/BigBuddhaCigarLounge
http://www.bigbuddhacigar.com/

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Sean sorry I couldn't make it but I will definitely be up for a CT club.
As of yet I haven't stopped into Big Buddah but I will definitely be in soon. Sounds like an awesome place.
Hopefully if we can get a regular meeting going and get some pipe smokers in there they will start to carry more pipe related goods.

doverpipes

Might Stick Around
Jan 8, 2011
So, I guess only one person is interested thus far?

If we want this to actually happen, we'll kind of need some sort of a consensus.

Are we looking to go forward? Yea or neigh?

Status
Not open for further replies.