PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 7, 2016
This morning, my friend Steve Fallon announced that over the last year, his web page had achieved over 1 million page views. Steve credits his webmaster, but I would say @pipestud has a well earned reputation for honesty and square dealings that keep people coming back. But even more than that, with all the negative things that are indeed a legitimate concern for us, his enthusiasm and good humor are a breath of fresh air. If you only know @pipestud from his eBay auctions, or think he only handles tobacco on his web page, you might take a look HERE

Keep up the good work, Steve, my executor is counting on it!

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
Steve is a good man. Sometimes we think this cyber reality is all there is. I'd recommend you go to a pipe show and meet the man in person, if you haven't already. Congratulations and I wish you many more fruitful years ahead!

haparnold

Lifer
Aug 9, 2018
Colorado Springs, CO
None of my business, but I would love to know what percentage of those views come from China. I’ve heard it said regularly that the Asian market for pipes and tobacco is part of the cause of the difficulty getting Esoterica, Gawith, etc.

Might be an interesting datum, but either way, big congrats Pipestud!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I've gotten pipes and tobacco from him with never an issue. Recently traded him a bag of Penzance for some tins without a hitch. He's been a joy to deal with and though I've never personally met him, my buddy Bruce Weaver always had nothing but kind words for him. A gold standard for the pipe and tobacco world.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Thanks to all of you for such very kind comments. I am blushing!

Marketing certainly plays a part in having success and I want to take a moment to not only thank all of you who have given me your business but also a special thanks to Kevin and his moderators and behind the scenes crew for this great website. I sure chose my advertising dollars wisely by hooking up with them! My website also charts click through referrals, and pipesmagazine.com has averaged, by a substantial margin, more click through site referrals over the past year than any other marketing means that I employ. And it has resulted in tremendous yearly increases in sales to members here. So thanks again to the members and Kevin and his crew!

Also, just to quickly answer haparnold's question regarding views from China; my website can't chart that but like the majority of the other major pipe and tobacco online sites, I do sell and ship internationally and my site is able to chart where all sales are coming from. Not long ago my webmaster, Andrew Wohlmuth, put together some stats on that for me and over the last 12-months sales have come from 18-countries including China and the USA. I'm very appreciative of business received from any country. I still won't accept purchases from Martians though. I never could find a service that would ship to them.

Thanks again to all of you for your too kind words and support, I am off to enjoy another bowl of Royal Yuck!

Steve

mordy18

Can't Leave
Mar 12, 2019
Northern New Jersey
Just bought a pipe he had listed over the weekend. Not a style I had planned on buying but looked so nice and price seemed so reasonable (to my relatively inexperienced eye) that I pulled the trigger. And Steve refunded my shipping just as stated. Was a positive transaction all around and looking forward to receiving the pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.