PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

magicsmoke7

Lurker
Aug 22, 2013
Ohio
I went with a friend from work, but I had just purchased a Brebbia, a Brigham and a Savinelli, so naturally I visited the Missouri Meerschaum table. The folks there treated me well and gave me plenty df goodies. Me being new to all this and this being my first show(I only live an hour and a half away) I forgot to fill up wi the samples though I saw them. Still had a fantastic time, next year I'll know more of you folks from the forums and hopefully get to meet some people. Great time.

fyfbuddy

Lurker
Sep 24, 2011
I haven't been on the forum much but I just saw this post. Dhizzy brought myself and Octavius to the pipe show and it was great! I will certainly return and with deeper pockets! We tried to make plans for the VA show but alas, it was not to be....

digitalshave

Might Stick Around
Jun 21, 2011
I know it's very early to start this, but I am finally going to my first pipe show. Just wondering if anyone else here is planning on going this year. Also, do they have a slow smoke competition? I have always wanted to compete in one. There is only one competition near me here in Kentuckiana (The Gaslight Festival), sadly it always seems I have to work then. Would love to meet other members. I don't post much, but am always here lurking.

ebklodt

Might Stick Around
Nov 9, 2012
Just booked my table, flight, and room. This will be my first time at the naspc show. I hear it's a good one!

basil

Might Stick Around
Nov 17, 2013
Had my table reserved since the Raleigh show. Long drive but worth every mile! You folks stop by and say "Hey!"

delkhouri

Can't Leave
May 4, 2013
Columbus Ohio
I live about 10 minutes from the show. I think I have gone to every Columbus show for the past 10 years (Except 1 as I was out of the country). It is the only show I have been to but It is a good one.
The laws in Ohio don't allow smoking indoors but some people do gather outside to smoke. There is a covered area that people hang out at. There is no tent provided and there is no slow smoke competition.
I hear that the Columbus show is a bit smaller than some others but I have nothing to compare it to as its the only one I have been to.
Some bigger vendors such as Smokingpipes.com, Smokers Haven, Great Estate Pipes, Monjour International, the pipe tart as well as many estate sellers are in attendance.
As far as custom pipe carvers there are quite a few that have been in attendance the last couple years such as Premmel Chheda, Bill Shalosky, J&J pipes, Ryan Alden, Jason Cochey (Briarbird), Joe Hinkle (solomon pipes), Nate King, Royal Oak Pipes, RC Sands, Scott Thile, Thomas James, Joe Nelson (Old Nellie), Ian Walker (Northern Briars), Dave Huber (DSH Pipes), Clark Leyton, Tim West, Split Beard and probably some others I forgot.
Hope this helps give you guys an idea of what to expect. Feel free to add any vendors or carvers that I may have forgotten.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
One of the best things about this show is the night before. People open up their rooms and you can move around, look at tons of pipes and drink a lot if that is your thing. You can find some really good deals plus meet people, its a lot of fun. Not sure if this hotel has it but in years past they had areas where you could smoke in rooms which made it all the nicer.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
Columbus is a really fun show, it's not so big as to be overwhelming but it is big enough to be worth a several hour drive. It usually takes me about three to four hours to walk the show and talk to the various pipe makers and vendors. I also swing by Smokers Haven either before or after I go to the show, Premal will usually have some event or special pricing connected with the show.

digitalshave

Might Stick Around
Jun 21, 2011
Just wanted to put this out there if there is anyone interested. I have always wanted to go to the National Barber Museum and Hall of Fame (formerly: The Ed Jeffers Barber Museum), I just realized it is about 30 miles away from the Columbus show. Tours are by appointment only while they are building their new facility...just wanted to know if anyone else might be interested in going. Was thinking of going Friday morning pre-show.
http://www.nationalbarbermuseum.org/

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Every time I say I'm gonna go, somethin goes to hell!So this time(wink-wink),I am not gonna go...

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Flights are booked ! I'll be with the Smokers Haven crew at the back of the room. This is a great show, well worth the drive if anyone is trying to decide to go or not.

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Hey Guys for the benefit of us new guys can some one tell us a date, time an actual place. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.