PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhizzy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2011
I have never been able to find anything. Best way to find out is word of mouth, right here. Last year there was; Tim West, Joe Nelson, Northern Briars, Nate King, Wayne Teipen, Michael Parks, Briarbird and one more American carver I can't recall at the moment. There was also Cornell and Diehl, Smoker's Haven, Paul's Pipe Shop, The James Island Piper, an IMP Meerschaum vendor and last but not least, Brian Levine from Brigham.
This is partly why I bumped the old thread so everyone could see all the info about the previous shows.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
As far as the smoking situation, there is no indoor smoking in Ohio. There will be a comfortable outdoor area for smoking. A list of vendors might either be found in the very soon to arrive issue of The Pipe Collector, the www.naspc.or website and/or their facebook page.
Mike S.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
Less than two weeks to go. I'm so exited, last year was my first pie show and I truly loved the vast selection, the camaraderie and just being around so many fellow smokers. Where I live, I don't see more than two or three fellow smokers a year, tops. Even my local B&M's are pretty much cigar smokers only.

dhizzy

Aug 29, 2011
Indeed, can't wait. I'm bringing two friends with me that haven't been to one.

dhizzy

Aug 29, 2011
I won't be able to come up to the event at Smoker's Haven, wish I could. But I'm sure we'll bump into one another.

dhizzy

Aug 29, 2011
I won't be able to come up to the event at Smoker's Haven, wish I could. But I'm sure we'll bump into one another.

dhizzy

Aug 29, 2011
I have been reading about blends to try/buy and here's what I've come up with so far:
H&H blends

Va Spice

Capitol Stairs

Frenchy's Sunzabitches
GLP

Cumberland

Barbary Coast

Haddos delight
C&D

Golden Ash

Morley's Best
I'm sure Ill add more before the show. I really wish they'd make this a two day show. So much to take in in 8 hours.

porshcigar

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Naperville
Columbus is just two days away, I can't wait to be there. I hope you can all attend. The Chicago Show has a table, so stop by and say hello to us. We are donating a gorgeous Kevin Arthur pipe to the pipe raffle, which always features many wonderful pipes. Be sure to buy many raffle tickets to support this great show.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
just came from Smokers Haven.. if you were in town and missed it you missed a really good time.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
SO JEALOUS.
Have a good time gang. Take lots of pictures and post your thoughts so we can live vicariously through you.
-- Pat

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Smokers Haven was really good. The jazz band they had playing was excellent. Lots of good deals and good people. I bought a nice Peterson Ebony 106 for a steal, met Nate King and Ryan Alden (aka Lonestar). Checked out his pipes he had for sale and they are freaking nice! He has talent and will definitely be one to watch as he continues as his skills continue to expand. His pipes were priced very well and the engineering was excellent. I am kicking myself for not taking pictures of them.
Mike

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
Had a great time today, met Bigvan and Briarbird from the site. I was able to buy my first Rad Davis and my first Michael Lindner, as well as an old Custombilt author. Talked with Fred Hanna and Russ Oulette and commissioned my first pipe from Nate King. It was a very nice gathering of fellows with the same passion for pipes and tobaccos. Sorry no pics yet, but will try to post some later.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Love to see pics! I missed it this year. I had to work in MI for the past week. Sounds like a great time though. I really enjoyed it last year.

delkhouri

Can't Leave
May 4, 2013
Columbus Ohio
Smokers Haven and the Pipe show were amazing this year. Between the two days, I got to hang out with Many pipe makers such as Premel Chheda, Bill Shalosky, Thomas James, Ryan Alden (lonestar), Jason from Briar Bird, Joe Nelson (Old Nellie), Nate King, RC Sands, Tim West, Bob Gilbert, Jerry Crawford and probably a couple others that I may have forgotten to mention. Not only that there were so many vendors and so much selection of pipes and tobacco. I ended up walking away with two estate pipes, A Rad Davis and a Perry white. Both for about 1/3 of new prices. I am extremely happy and will post pictures of the pipes tonight or tomorrow.
Only things I am disappointed with are not being able to buy more pipes, especially from all the fine makers and that I didn't meet more members of the forum.

bigmick

Might Stick Around
Nov 1, 2012
Two great events. Smokers Haven, as usual, took very good care of us. It was nice to meet old acquaintances and make new ones. The Hookah bar trip afterwards was...interesting. The actual pipe show was great. My first so I really had no expectations, but it eclipsed anything I imagined. Ended up with a new rack, a bunch of samples and 5 estate pipes. Good thing SWMBO set a budget limit...I could have spent my annual salary and not made a dent in the stuff I wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.