PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
I already reserved a table. I'm going to try to sell off some Italians and Irish to make room for more Americans.

neverknowsbest

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2013
Of course! I can't wait. There's also going to be a pretty cool time at Smokers' Haven the day before the show (Friday) for those who are going to be in town early.

delkhouri

Can't Leave
May 4, 2013
Columbus Ohio
a bunch of positive responses. I will be there. 6 years in a row, but its the only pipe show I have been too.
Bigvan - How will I know its your table, I would like to meet you and thank you in person for the advice and tips you have given me

Ben- What is going on at smokers haven the night before?

dhizzy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2011
Bigvan; are you going to sell all of them to one guy within ten minutes of the show opening? I guess I would too if the price is right. Money talks...

Bentmike; I'll see you there, do you know if Jason aka hawk60ce is coming?

Russ; it is good to hear that another big name will be there, last year we lacked that with the exception of Cornell & Diehl and Smokers Haven.
As far as what I'm after, I am looking for a really specific pipe and I am a patient guy so I may not pick one up. It is possible that I drop all my money on tobacco in anticipation of higher taxes.

leonardw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 30, 2011
I'll be there with a table or two. Anyone know what the smoking situation is at the show?

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
I would have been there last year, but I was still recovering from surgery.

Leonard, let's plan to meet. There's a bunch of projects I'd like to discuss.
Russ

dhizzy

Aug 29, 2011
Glad you are better Russ. Leonard, you can't smoke inside but you can step out to smoke under an awning at the front doors.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm not in that area, but I'd like to encourage anyone who is to attend. For a pipe smoker, a show is as good as

a carnival to a ten-year-old. Leave plenty of time for browsing the tables. Take time for a smoke, sampling some

of the tobacco offered at the show, and catching some conversation with others on the smoking deck, where ever

that is. Better take along a stash of cash for a pipe purchase and some tobacco money. If you're a bit short, you'll

still probably get a goody bag with some tobacco for the price of admission. Live and learn: If you see a pipe carver

or tabacco exhibit you like, get the business card, even if you are only somewhat interested. It may occur to you

later that you are quite interested. I would schedule three or four hours, if possible. You get caught up in it and

the time passes quickly. Have a happy pipe show.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
Glad you are better Russ. Leonard, you can't smoke inside but you can step out to smoke under an awning at the front doors.
you can also go down the hallway towards the bar and you will find a nice patio with tables and umbrellas.

dhizzy

Aug 29, 2011
So, Russ, Leonard and Chris Tarler will be there. Anyone know of anyone else? There was a decent amount of pipe makers there last year, Joe Nelson, Michael Parks, Nate King, Wayne Teipen. Anyone have any insider info?

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Should be a good show. I thought I had cleared my schedule to go only to find out I had made a family commitment for that week-end. Sucks to be me.

Status
Not open for further replies.