PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

aspiring_sage

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2021
West of the Twin Cities, MN
A lot of good work! Well done!

However, I ask myself: Why? For me, not a great look.
What’s not to love? A meer that looks like a briar!

It is also about the effort it took to get there.

To be honest: I haven’t found a pipe shape and size that complements my face well, I’m not sure I should be worrying about color yet.

NC TX ID pipeman

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 25, 2021
North Carolina,Texas,Idaho
This pipe has colored beautifully. A quick wipe with a damp papertowel will clean the black smudges off the outside of the bowl. Finger dirt.
It is buried deeply under the wax...wiping it ain't gona do anything...I think I will leave it there it is a cool patina....maybe if the wax is melted you could eventually wipe it of but just maybe....

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Cu
It is buried deeply under the wax...wiping it ain't gona do anything...I think I will leave it there it is a cool patina....maybe if the wax is melted you could eventually wipe it of but just maybe....
Could be. I thought my meer was just coloring a dark black in some spots. Couldn't wipe it off with a finger unless I used pressure. Then that's when I saw that it was just on the surface, and used a wet papertowel to clean it. Glad to finally get it off. Fingerprints were starting to show up on it! Hahaha

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I smoked 74th bowl yesterday night, so will have to possibly wait till next weekend (Or at least a couple of days). I take the picture in daylight to avoid any color cast due to artificial light.
Couple of days!?!? U have GOT to smoke more often! Hahahait is hard to get a decent picture of the meers coloring though. The light has to be just right. flashes mute everything too.

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
I have smoked 83 bowls so far. The stem is neatly colored. The bottom of the bowl has also picked up a significant amount of color. The rest of the bowl is slightly colored, but mostly looks white.

View attachment 154578View attachment 154579View attachment 154580View attachment 154581View attachment 154582View attachment 154583View attachment 154585
Wow was a coloring bowl used on this one? Also what kind of tobaccos do you smoke in yours? I usually smoke Pegasus/sir Walter Raleigh in my one meer and it’s barely showing any color after probably between 80-100 smokes. The tobaccos are obviously dry and not super oily so I’m assuming that’s why I’m not getting much color.