PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
My condolences to Florida State. A true doomsday situation finally happened in the last year of the current system. I understand the arguments both for and against the committee’s decision, but the system’s broken and someone was going to get screwed.

Reactions: yanoJL

yanoJL

Lifer
Oct 21, 2022
Pismo Beach, California
My condolences to Florida State. A true doomsday situation finally happened in the last year of the current system. I understand the arguments both for and against the committee’s decision, but the system’s broken and someone was going to get screwed.

I'm a Florida Gator. So it brings joy to my heart when FSU suffers. But, I agree. The system is broken.

It would be interesting to see Washington win it all. A PAC victory just before the whole conference unravels.

Reactions: krizzose

tracerbullet

Might Stick Around
Mar 20, 2013
Pennsylvania
Can’t root for Michigan given the cloud of controversy.
yea, yea ”everyone does it” but only Michigan got caught.
they shouldn't be there.
college is broken
but at least Ohio is not there🤣🤣

Reactions: Elric
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
When Georgia demolishes FSU in their bowl game, the grumbling should stop. I also think Michigan will demolish Washington. How could they remotely consider leaving Alabama out when an SEC team has won what, 14 of the last 17 championships? And they're the only team to beat the two time defending champion Georgia in the past 29 games.

Had I been the committee chairman, Washington would be unhappy too because they would have stayed home watching Georgia play. I want the best 4 teams playing each other for the championship.

Dec 11, 2021
Fort Collins, CO
When Georgia demolishes FSU in their bowl game, the grumbling should stop. I also think Michigan will demolish Washington. How could they remotely consider leaving Alabama out when an SEC team has won what, 14 of the last 17 championships? And they're the only team to beat the two time defending champion Georgia in the past 29 games.

Had I been the committee chairman, Washington would be unhappy too because they would have stayed home watching Georgia play. I want the best 4 teams playing each other for the championship.
Nobody wanted ‘Bama in cuz they’re afraid they’ll win. Which is exactly why ‘Bama belongs. I dislike the SEC in general, but I wouldn’t have been mad if Georgia had made it in as well.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
Has Michigan gotten the sign stealing report - I mean scouting report on Alabama yet?

Just remember, Obi-Wan Saban communicates with his players and the officials telephatically.

"That is not the pass interference you are looking for."
Come on! if you’re gonna rip on Michigan, at least be precise.

Sign stealing isn’t illegal. Michigan is accused of using an illegal sign-stealing methodology. For the integrity of college football, please don’t phone in your trash talking. 😉

And if Bama hasn’t changed its signals or gone to a wristband, that’s on them.

jacot23

Lurker
Nov 1, 2023
Middle Tennessee
The system to determine the champion has been broken forever, even before the “playoff”. That’s in quotes because in my opinion 4 teams is not enough nor representative of a playoff. When team 13 gets left out next year there’ll be whining.

I HATE Alabama with a passion, but they deserved to be in and probably Georgia did too. I think it’ll be an Alabama vs Texas rematch in the end and don’t think Texas can beat them again.

yanoJL

Lifer
Oct 21, 2022
Pismo Beach, California
I’m a Tennessee fan so it pains me to say this, but Georgia would be favored to win against every team on a neutral site (even against Alabama if they played again). The committee had to exclude two but if they wanted the best teams, they got it wrong.
Is it really about the best teams? Or is it about the most lucrative match-ups $$$?

With the NIL contracts and realigned super conferences, I hardly recognize college football anymore.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Aside from Georgia, the best 4 teams got in. I think this would have been a good year for an 8 team playoff. Add Georgia, Ohio State, Oregon and FSU. FSU had no chance against any of those teams without their QB but deserved to be in based upon merit.

Going to 12 serves little purpose other than to create more revenue. I've never seen a year where more than 6 teams had any chance to win it all and most years, it's 4 teams or less. Given the sad state of all the other bowl games though, they may as well go to 12 to try to make it more entertaining.