PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
This is seriously the best coffee I've ever had. Even better, it's a veteran owned small business and roasted locally here in Ohio.View attachment 115498
Fair enough - giving this a go! Should be here in time for my day before the day before Christmas day off, so I'll expect to give it a good pouring over Thursday morning before getting to baking some bread, heading to the grocery store, and assorted pre-kids coming home holiday preparations (the more I work on food the more my wife is inspired not to need me to help with things I don't like to help with that usually involve cleaners and rubber gloves, lol). I have high expectations!

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)
I drink Clipper tea, I like teas with a little spice like ginger lemon, orange turmeric or ginger turmeric and Clipper has a excellent selection of those. For a change I drink them also with a bit of honey in them.

Coffee I'm kinda basic, we drink nespresso for the eaze of it. From nespresso itself I like the pitch black colored cups or Starbucks the dark blue ones. But we want to switch to a ground coffee machine, still looking for the right one. We had a machine that grinds beans to ground coffee, but it broke, we loved that one with every filling a different type of bean. Indonesian or Kenyan beans were favorite, we never favored south american beans.

Gavrin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 1, 2021
Idaho
This is what I use. A Bonavita tea kettle.
View attachment 114169

As for tea drinking. I drink 2-3 cups of green tea every morning. Lately, I've been on a Japanese Genmaicha: Green tea with roasted rice. I like the flavor the roasted rice gives.
View attachment 114170

My favorite place to buy tea online is Harney & Sons...always free shipping. We have local tea shop the next town over that also purchase from.

When we are camping in the trailer I like to drink Lapsang Sousong in the morning by a fire.
I have been drinking tea for so many years I lost count. Harney an Sons Earl Grey is my go to.

I need to bookmark this. While my tea comes from Harney and sons (Good beginner selection of all types including first flush Darjeelings) and local Indian grocery (Good for middle of the road Darjeelings but never saw a first flush) I got new sources mainly from peregrinous for First Flush Darjeelings.

Or I can just ask him when I am ready to buy more

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
One of the teas I got is "French Breakfast" from Plum, some chocolate and a bit of orange influence, not sure I'm liking the chocolate aspect in tea all that much but . . . the smell when I opened the package and brewing/drinking I finally placed - it's just like Wilke Peanut Butter & Chocolate smells through the packaging. So that's interesting. Back to more of an orange and spice influence tomorrow - their regular orange and spice has a bit of clove, which I just don't like, so I'll be searching the internet for an orange/cinnamon spice kind of tea leaves to try next. I'll keep brewing what I have, it's okay, but not quite "it".

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
I love tea -- black or green, hot or iced -- but I can't drink it. I've learned over stubborn decades, for me, it causes kidney stones. Coffee yes, but alas, I have to do decaf these days, though I much prefer caffeinated. I thought I was past that tea problem, but another reminder on the stones, and I had to quit. Tea has a wonderful mood-lifting effect.

I had my first-ever (hopefully last) kidney stone issue a few months back. I had been drinking lots of cold, sun-brewed tea and considered whether or not that was a contributing factor. It was likely one of a few, but interesting you mention it.

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
I grow an herb called Tulsi that is often referred to as Holy Basil in the states. It is sort of a "blueberry basil" kind of flavor. I can harvest it a few times a year, dry it on cheesecloth I've got strung between my garage door overhead rails, then strip it from the stems and bag it.

It's rather a bit of work overall, but I let some of it go to seed every year and spreads throughout my herb garden quite well. I haven't had to plant any in 5 years now. It can be a little expensive to purchase in the stores when I've seen it.

My wife is addicted to it. Loves it and drinks it hot all the time.

It is one of the top 5 Ayurvedic herbs in their medicinal realm. Considered to be an "astringent" or "tonic". Quite healthy overall.

On the temp - I know some leaves do better at certain degrees but in general I've found that I don't like my water boiled too "hard", and sometimes I like it best just before it hits that rolling boil point. I've no idea why, just me.

Yerba matte is an interesting drink from South America I've enjoyed.