PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

tklee

Lifer
Dec 31, 2021
Malaysia
Hi guys, i have a question, are corn cob pipes disposable pipes? Usually how long is the life span? If i buy an expensive corn cob pipe, isn't it a bit pity and waste of money after smoking a certain period of time then i need to dispose them? ?

Frasermac

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 30, 2020
Hi guys, i have a question, are corn cob pipes disposable pipes? Usually how long is the life span? If i buy an expensive corn cob pipe, isn't it a bit pity and waste of money after smoking a certain period of time then i need to dispose them? ?
I don’t think of them as disposable. I have the cheap Legends, so no hardwood plug, and they’re all in fine order after several years and a lot of use! Bowl wipe and a pipe cleaner through after use and there’s no reason they shouldn’t last

tklee

Lifer
Dec 31, 2021
Malaysia
I don’t think of them as disposable. I have the cheap Legends, so no hardwood plug, and they’re all in fine order after several years and a lot of use! Bowl wipe and a pipe cleaner through after use and there’s no reason they shouldn’t last
Ahhh..... so it still can smoke after a few years. I saw a lot places they wrote "disposable pipes - corn cob pipes". For the cheap one, i don't mind, after a few years or months, dispose it. But i just ordered a $29.95 MM Cob, i was thinking, isn't it a bit wasted if after a few years I need to throw it away? ?

Reactions: Laurent

Frasermac

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 30, 2020
Ahhh..... so it still can smoke after a few years. I saw a lot places they wrote "disposable pipes - corn cob pipes". For the cheap one, i don't mind, after a few years or months, dispose it. But i just booked a $29.95 MM Cob, i was thinking, isn't it a bit wasted if after a few years I need to throw it away? ?
The term “expendable” as suggested earlier is probably more appropriate. And of course it all depends on how often you smoke it anyway. A wee bit of TLC goes a long way with anything.

May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
My first pipe was an MM 7+ yrs ago. Still smoking it and hope to be for a long time. With care, good seasoning, periodic rotation…you know all the stuff you do with briar…a cob can last a lifetime and then some. As far as pipes go…the most ? for your ? IMHO. ?☕

May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
Ahhh..... so it still can smoke after a few years. I saw a lot places they wrote "disposable pipes - corn cob pipes". For the cheap one, i don't mind, after a few years or months, dispose it. But i just ordered a $29.95 MM Cob, i was thinking, isn't it a bit wasted if after a few years I need to throw it away? ?
Your 29.95$ cob should last you a long time. If not, then it’s either faulty or you set it on ?. ☕

May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
I have some cobs that are approx ten years old. I have not treated them well-just smoked the hell out of them. A couple of days ago I scrubbed out the shanks with a bristle brush and Everclear and scraped out the chambers almost to fresh cob. These pipes now smoke beautifully. Live and learn.
Send us some pics Edgar. The patina on those pipes is what I’m looking for. ?☕

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
My wife and I decided to run over to the antique store and look around today. I came across this corn cob pipe. It’s an old circa 1990 or older pipe made by H&B out of Washington, Missouri (bought out by MM in 1990). It’s in great shape and I’m going to clean it up and smoke it!image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpg

Es0teric

Can't Leave
Jul 5, 2021
Downriver Area of Michigan
Ladies & Gentlemen …my new MM Merrick. It just arrived a couple hours ago. Currently, enjoying the 2021 Cringle Flake in it. ?☕
View attachment 113646
I want one of these Merrick's so bad, but they are sold out. MM told me they are awaiting a shipment of stems and then they will be back in stock.