PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ThomasS

Can't Leave
Apr 30, 2024
Bayfield, WI
Super Smoke Shop Ashland on US 2 next to WalMart has a walk-in humidor straight back in from the door.

West Duluth Smoke Shop is on Grand Avenue, a block in from the ramp to US 2. The walk-in is to the left from the door.

They both have knockoff pipes and a small selection of Dr. Grabow (odd combination, I know) as well as pouches of Captain Black, Prince Albert, and SuperValue. Duluth's are in the humidor, Ashland's are in the glass cabinets nearest the door.

Last edited:
Reactions: BenMN

JoeW

Can't Leave
Apr 1, 2024
Upper Peninsula, Michigan, USA
Super Smoke Shop Ashland on US 2 next to WalMart has a walk-in humidor straight back in from the door.

West Duluth Smoke Shop is on Grand Avenue, a block in from the ramp to US 2. The walk-in is to the left from the door.

They both have knockoff pipes and a small selection of Dr. Grabow (odd combination, I know) as well as pouches of Captain Black, Prince Albert, and SuperValue. Duluth's are in the humidor, Ashland's are in the glass cabinets nearest the door.
Thanks! I saw a few articles about SSS in Ashland, but couldn't find much about what they stock. A classmate of mine is in Ashland, and I promised/warned that I'd visit him sometime: I may have to do that next month.

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
The other day I opened up my cigarillodor and noticed that I only had 7 Undercrown Shade coronets. That was unacceptable, so I started preparing for winter by buying another tin today.

And a Hemingway Best Seller, after watching Margeaux Hemingway in the classic “Killer Fish” yesterday.

View attachment 337985
Always good to have some smalls around

Reactions: JoeW

Speak Easy

Lifer
Jan 12, 2024
Western Oklahoma
Smoke Inn October CoTM delivery

View attachment 339690

- Micallef Red Toro
- BLTC Killer Bee Buzz Saw Perfecto
- Mayflower Dawn Robusto
- Cavalier Geneve Inner Circle Domaine Rouge Toro
- Montecristo 1935 Anniversary Edición Diamante Toro

Another good month. I’m looking forward to that Micallef, since the Blue was so good.
I’ve heard nothbut good about that Buzz Saw.

Reactions: BenMN and JoeW

JoeW

Can't Leave
Apr 1, 2024
Upper Peninsula, Michigan, USA
I’ve heard nothbut good about that Buzz Saw.
What I really like about Smoke Inn's COTM is that I get cigars I'd never otherwise have bought (or heard of).

On the other hand, I can't even keep up. I may need to pause this one for a few months, both to have a chance to smoke more of them, and also to divert the dollars to building up my pipe tobacco stash.

Speak Easy

Lifer
Jan 12, 2024
Western Oklahoma
What I really like about Smoke Inn's COTM is that I get cigars I'd never otherwise have bought (or heard of).

On the other hand, I can't even keep up. I may need to pause this one for a few months, both to have a chance to smoke more of them, and also to divert the dollars to building up my pipe tobacco stash.
Lol! I just paused mine. Same reasons.

• Haha
Reactions: BenMN and JoeW

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Ok, just received today, my first ever order for budget sticks. :)

I figured why not, look for really inexpensive, hopefully decent smokes. So if possible, I’m on a quest for the best inexpensive budget sticks, as inexpensive as possible… 🤔

And given these are quite inexpensive I will certainly do my best to give some input in the Ciagr WAYS when having these and any other inexpensive/budget sticks.

The Charter was $6.40, maybe this is at the upper range of budget stick… 🤔 The rest were in the upper $3 - $4 range...

Let me say, just looking at these, the construction on all of them looks really nice. I’m quite impressed, just hope they smoke as well as they look. And a budget cigar in a glass tube, also impressive…

So, from left to right…

Plasencia - Reserva Original Nestico
Foundation - Charter Oak Connecticut Shade Rothschild
OlIva - Flor de Oliva Sun Grown Robusto
My Father - Tabasco’s Baez Robusto
El Rey Del Mundo - Natural Robustos En Vidrio
Fuente - Curly Head Deluxe Maduro
Fuente - Curly Head Deluxe Natural

Be well everyone! 🤙 ❤️

IMG_2257.jpeg

Last edited:

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Every

View attachment 339690

- Micallef Red Toro
- Mayflower Dawn Robusto

Another good month. I’m looking forward to that Micallef, since the Blue was so good.
Every Black Works cigar I’ve had has been utterly intoxicating. Good stuff 👍

Reactions: BenMN and PipeIT

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Every

Every Black Works cigar I’ve had has been utterly intoxicating. Good stuff 👍

Oh darn, I guess Intoxicating doesn’t fall under the Budget Stick Category. LOL 😆

I guess we‘ll have to make my first ever Intoxicating TAD Order next! ;)

I guess this is their website? 🤔

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Every

View attachment 339690

- Micallef Red Toro
- Mayflower Dawn Robusto

Every Black Works cigar I’ve had has been utterly intoxicating. Good stuff
Oh darn, I guess Intoxicating doesn’t fall under the Budget Stick Category. LOL 😆

I guess we‘ll have to make my first ever Intoxicating TAD Order next! ;)

I guess this is their website? 🤔

I got all of mine through a cigar of the month club, so I’m not sure what they cost, but they most certainly are not a budget cigar. If you find some for budget prices, snatch them up!

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Every

Every Black Works cigar I’ve had has been utterly intoxicating. Good stuff

I got all of mine through a cigar of the month club, so I’m not sure what they cost, but they most certainly are not a budget cigar. If you find some for budget prices, snatch them up!

I see there is the ’Black Works Studio Rorschach Short Robusto‘ and
Rorschach Sumatra Short Robusto, which goes for $7, and the Petit Panatela for $6.

From what I see, I believe these are their least inexpensive? 🤔

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
I see there is the ’Black Works Studio Rorschach Short Robusto‘ and
Rorschach Sumatra, which goes for $7, and the Petit Panatela for $6.

From what I see, I believe these are their least inexpensive? 🤔
That ain’t bad! I figured their stuff would cost way more. I’ll have to look at their site and see if I can figure out which ones I had that were so damn good.

Edit: I just looked and I for sure had (and adored) the Hornet, looks like that’s a roughly $10 ish stick.