PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eoberg

Lurker
Aug 15, 2012
I have a MacQueen Ranger that I smoke on occasion. It is a good looking and fine smoking pipe, but I don't use it often. The bowl is somewhat small, and the stem is cherry, which makes it thick and a bit cumbersome. Still, it was my first pipe (a gift) and it started me exploring pipe smoking, so it will remain a nostalgic favorite.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
@photoman - I've got your churchwarden - check out my Brebbia Lectura above... :puffy:
It's a stylin' pipe IMHO and a great smoker too.

pipeinhand

Lifer
Sep 23, 2011
Virginia
I have 12, and smoke at least one every day. I have one dedicated to Penzance alone. The other I rotate an aro in and a meer that is English only.

fishnlady

Lurker
Sep 3, 2012
United States
I have one, so far. I will post a pic of it below. I am thinking about buying a meerschaum from ebay from seller: meerschaumpipes 526. Do any of you know if they are a good source? Their prices are quite good I think but then being new to pipe smoking I really don't have a clue. I would appreciate your comments. Thanks

kennerth

Can't Leave
Jul 30, 2011
I currently have 5 churchwardens. I don't smoke them very other, but I love them when I do.
From the top:

A 1960's Sterncrest silver band I put a long stem on. I will be putting a short stem on and using that stem for the big bowl Ben Wade next to it. The Sterncrest looks great but hasn't impressed me smoking it.
A Savinelli Punto Oro that I put a long stem on. It is gorgeous and smokes great. I will be sending that to Savinelli Italy to get an original stem on it, so I will have both options. It will then be my number 1 pipe.
A H.I.S. Italian smaller warden my wife bought me on our honeymoon moon. It smokes great!
A MM Cobwardden I put together. Smokes great! The angle for the straight stem on the bent cob makes it very easy to smoke. There is an argument to be made that this could be the perfect pipe.
A Savinelli Capri Root Bulldog half-bent with a straight stem I put together. It has an o-ring transition. Smokes and feels great!! Again the straight stem on a bent body works great for me, probably because you hold it a few inches lower.
I keep them all in a converted poker chip case.
As you can see, I like sticking warden stems on pipes! After talking about them, I see that I need to use them more!!!
DSC_0396.jpg

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
wnghanglow, I have the above lion meer churchwarden and I know that a lot of guys say not to touch the meer, because it will absorb the oils from your skin, etc, but I don't use a cloth. It will age and absorb what it will as I smoke it over time. But each to his own.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Kennerth I love your churchwardens. That bottom one isn't something I've seen before. Pretty nifty.
shaintiques that is one big meer! Are all those segments on the stem meer as well?

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
yep they are, they are individual segments that all unscrew for cleaning, but its best to just run a pipe cleaner all the way through

deleon

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 7, 2011
Texas
My fiance has one Peterson Churchwarden she smokes it once a week. She said it's a cool smoke.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
@Spartan Awesome Peterson churchwarden. I was eyeing one just like it, decided to go for the Brebbia instead but the Peterson racing green line is gorgeous. One of these days I hope to own one of those.

kalc

Might Stick Around
Sep 7, 2012
I hav a stanwell churchwarden, smoke it once in a while(maybe twice a week or so), but it does seem to smoke cool - enjoy smoking it. Another churchwarden is on its way. Will definitely increase churchwarden usage as i collect more of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.